cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Development landscape with Charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any experience here? I've done this with Rev-Trak and it got fairly complicated to move transports around and handle status.

Specifically I have a production support landscape path and 2 project landscape paths (one project in development phase and one in test phase). I want my transports to flow from production support to projects once the production support charm goes into production.

I would like my project that is in test to flow into the project in development as it goes into qa. I really don't want to screw around with the status or the original charm request because that status should be reporting where the charm is for the original path. In other words, I don't want the status of a production support charm to be held up because there is an issue retrofitting in a project environment.

Curious to see how anyone else has done it using Charm. FYI, this will also push me into CSOL, but that is a different topic. Like to hear how to set up charm paths/status.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also brainstorming this functionality, haven't completed the design as yet. But here is what we are thinking of:

Configure your ChaRM process to trigger the creation of a new "child" ChaRM process for moving transports to the secondary landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I did with Rev-Trac...but it had the functionality to know that it was a child and wouldn't have a object conflict check (such as with CSOL). Is there this type of functionality with CHaRM.

The other thought I have that isn't as graceful is to create a bolt-on that would manage these transports separate from Charm. Not really what I want to do though.