Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update report for KNA1-KUKLA

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to mass update all the customer with KNA1-KUKLA (customer class) using a report. I tried looking at bapi_customer_changefromdata1' but this is not modifying KUKLA. I am looking for a BAPI instead of a 'UPDATE' statement.

Thanks in advance,

Karuna.

Subject corrected

Edited by: Rob Burbank on May 19, 2011 2:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried to use FM SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL. It's used in BAPI mentioned by you and you may be able to use it to change your field. Just check what values are passed to this FM in BAPI.

Cheers

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you. I am able to do mass change with FM SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL.

Thanks,

Karuna.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the BAPI you are using and the other FM are very bad friends.

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is exclusively used for the maintenance of consumer. And this should only be true from the transaction itself.

There exists other cases, one of the oldest one is the BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATEFROMDATA1. But is is exclusively reserved for SAP Online store.

Despite the fact CMD_EI_API is quite difficult to use, it has the main benefit that is it supported if being triggered directly.

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

The only valid solutions are :

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See note 384462

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduce. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

Hope this helps

BR

Alain