cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For different entities different repositories or Storage categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

The business scenario is as under & would appreciate advise on the right approach.

Currently one division in our company is using SAP DMS with Easy DMS UI. There is a plan to extend it to 2 other divisions.

If my understanding is right , the document info records are stored in SAP in Public root folder or Private Folder.

The requirement is that one division should not be able to see doc info records for other division & my questions are as under :

1. Can multiple repositories be set in a content server & is a separate Public root folder created for each repository ?

2. If option 1 is not possible , if i set multiple storage categories in same repository & create folders under the Public root folder, is there a way to restrict access to certain folders to certain users.

3. In customizing , what is the purpose of 'Define profile'.

I tried the scenario of creating multiple storage categories, but have no clue if authorizations can be set at folder level.

Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

... In customizing , what is the purpose of 'Define profile'...

Profile in DMS helps you to default a storage category w.r.t a workstation application for a user/usergroup/role.For instance,whenever a user X checks in an original for workstation application Y,then during check-in,storage category Z is automatically assigned.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It helped me to get a better understanding of the whole scenario.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

After going thru various posts could infer the following :

1. There is a 1:1 relationship between Content server & Repository ( as per Pradeep's comment in one of the posts)

2.There should always be one Public Root Folder (as Per Christoph's comments)

So the option left is to create multiple directories & use ACL to restrict access.

Can someone confirm , this inference is correct.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It would depend on several factors. If its a distributed environment,and access is a critical factor,then you would want to consider setting up multiple content/cache server landscape.

....The requirement is that one division should not be able to see doc info records for other division...

If only division wise restriction is the immediate concern,an option(apart from ACLs) that you would be interested would be the 'Authorization Group' feature.It would aid you in limiting access to DIR's division wise.Please search the forum/wiki for setting up Authorization groups,its been discussed several times over.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Does it mean i can set multiple storage repositories on same content server ?

I am already on the path of exploring the Authorization group option & found the relevant threads in Wiki.

Thanks for your advise.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

....Does it mean i can set multiple storage repositories on same content server ?....

Yes,you can setup multiple storage categories associated with a unique content repository for various environments on the same content server.

Regards,