Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Source of Supply at Header Level of SC for single Supplier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are in SRM7.0 and EHP4.

The requirement is : User is creating a SC for 50 line items to a single supplier. In SRM7.0 User not able to find the Button Assign Source of supply at Header Level. I know it is at item level and it is very painful from user point of you going to individual line item details and assiging the same Source of Supply 50 Times.

The design is Once Source of supply assigned. It leads to Auto PO after SC status changes to approved.

Please tell is there is a standard SRM7.0 Functionality to handle this requirement with out any BADI / Enahancement.

If not above, please tell how to enhace the same.

Thanks

Giri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about selecting items from catalog ? or assigning contract to items? Source of Supply will be assigned.

If those are free text items, how do to negotiate price with supplier? If those are negotiated offline, you can directly create a PO.

One of technical solutions is using customer field and BBP_DOC_CHANGE BADI. BADI logic assigns source of supply to all items.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for valuable input. Contarcts / Catalog is not in place ( we are not using in SRM - No MDM, No Sourceing). Already selected vendors are in place in system. When Requestor try to assign the vendor, we made available for selection, only preselected vendor.

You mean there is no SAP delivered standard SAP SRM7.0 Functionality to assign the source of suppy in header level of SC (if required in my case - If all the items belongs to same source of supply) instead of going to individual line item in SC and assiging the same source of supply.

It is handled only through BADI?

Thanks & Best Regards

Giri

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to understand business process correctly.

How do you set the final price in SC or PO?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

As I Mentioned in my Initial thread. We are using Auto PO. Once the Shopping cart under go 2 step Approval Process. Once the status is completly approved, Auto PO is created.

Pre negotiated vendors for product commedities are available for the SC requestor to select and the list of supplier to Product commedities is available to requestor.

Request Process (SC) is mainly used from approval point and from analytics (reports) point.

1 st step approval - Finacial Approvers approve the SC.

2ns Step Approval - Buyer check the Price in SC as per Vendor Negotiated rate and Approves and Approved staus SC result in Auto PO to Vendor.

Business do not want change the above process and it is configured as per business and delivered. Only difficulty they are faceing is when creating SC for Same vendor with multiple line items. They need to go Individual Item details and assign the source of supply. It is pain full for them. If the SC is created for multiple line items to same vendor. They want to assign the vendor at header level of SC, Instead of going to Individual item and assign the vendor in SRM 7.0

Thanks

Giri

Thanks

Giri

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

You may try creating a custom field at header level in SC and then using doc_change badi you can assign this supplier to all items.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (0)