cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation Purchase Orders in ECC (retraction) triggered from IP

0 Kudos

Hi, my client (wholesaler) is implementing Integrated Planning for its Demand planning. Based on e.g.

- Sales History

- Product Information (e.g. products in stock and products on order)

it will determine the planned amount of materials that need to be purchased for a certain period. Once this is done, the user should be able to trigger (via a button on the IP screen) the creation of the relevant purchase orders in R/3 Materials Management. I came accross some examples of retraction of data from BPS/IP to R/3, mostly in the financial area.

Is it possible to do the above retraction? Has anyone encountered the same requirement i.e. automatic creation of (purchase) orders in R/3 triggered from IP or BPS for that matter? If so, how did you go about it? What was involved from a technical and functional point of view?

Thanks!

Pandaa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

There is no standard retraction to MM module (PO creation).

Very generally, you can write RFC function in ECC that uses BAPI to create PO, pass neded data from FOX to some function that will call RFC function and call the function within IP/WAD screen.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks Andrey. That is the exact info I was looking for. In case you have additional info regarding the RFC function, BAPI and/or the FOX function, dont hestitate to send it to me. Cheers!

Answers (0)