cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinting Delivery Item level text in logon langauge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have 1 requirement in Existing script which is maintained in different languages , where I have to print the Delivery Item level text in Script to user Logon Langauge.

Normally Delivery Item level text for the Table control comes from MAKT table at the Item level .The user can change this text at Item level in VL02N ( Delivery Change ) Transaction and this changed text will be saved in LIPS-ARKTX field.

Step1:- Suppose I have 1 delivery 50000100 and 2 items 00010 & 00020 , Mat1 & Mat2 are the corresponding Material Numbers.

for the Mat1 the corresponding text in ( langauge = EN ) MAKT table is mat1_From_MAKT_text.

for the Mat2 the corresponding text in ( langauge = EN ) MAKT table is mat2_From_MAKT_text.

now the user1 is login EN langauge and changed Delivery Item level text in VL02n / VL01n for Item no : 00010 to My_Delivery_text ( from the default value mat1_From_MAKT_text ) . and saved the delivery successfully.

now for the material Number Mat1 the text in MAKT table ( langauge = EN) is mat1_From_MAKT_text.

&

For Delivery Number : 50000100, Item : 00010 , Material Number : Mat1 , the Field ARKTX value is My_Delivery_text. (LIPS-ARKTX ).

Step2 :- User2 is login DE ( GERMAN) langauge and print or issue output for this Delivery Number : 50000100, then the Material text should be translated to DE Langauge from the EN ( in this lang user entered text for Delivery item and saved ) and able to print.

Here I have 5 similar langauges to print even the user saved text in vl02n but the same or different user login in different langauge and should able to see the translated text in the current user login langauge.

Is there any standard Function module to translate text from Source language to target language ?

Please help / possible solutions to solve this problem..

Thanks

Parvathi

Edited by: I Parvathi on May 19, 2011 5:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member361845
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding you can try se63 option ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think we have any function module which can translate from one language to another automatically.