cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP WD service influenced by SAP GUI back-end

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I created a stand-alone ABAP WebDynpro, created an iview for this in ESS portal folder, configure this in 'Define Resources' and 'Define Services' within SAP ESS configuration. We use single sign on for ESS (i.e. not asking for id/pwd going into ESS if you're loggin on the network).

This ABAP WD becomes an option within ESS, and doesn't ask for id/pwd when executed within ESS. However, if the user id happens to have a password that is expired (i.e. password changed date pass the 90 days limit set in system aparameter 'login/password_expiration_time '), when executing this ABAP WD (within ESS), a logon window will appear with message 'The password is expired and must be changed' , and force you to change password.

It seems that ABAP WD is dictated by SAP GUI environment. As most of the ESS employees do not directly logon to SAP GUI (they don't even need to know their SAP pwd in order to access ESS), this becomes an issue for us. How can we avoid this situation ? Do we have to implement single sign-on to the SAP ABAP stack ?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For similar situation we have implemented SSO in the abap stack. We also use CUA for administrating user authentication.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Resolved through config of system param.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please let us know which system parameter you have correctd to resolve this issue.

I am facing the similar kind of issue in my system.

Thanks

Pradeep

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change 'login/password_change_for_SSO' system parameter to '0' (Ignore requirement for pwd change).