Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for suggestion to start career in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently i work in java technologies and have a good database knowledge, would like to start the career in SAP.

I am in dilemma whether to choose technical or functional and also which module will be a good choice for my career to start with.

So request to give your suggestion which would guide me in the right path.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Kantli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have prior java technology knowlage. SAP Portal Admin wiill be write choice for you.

-Sanjay

2 REPLIES 2

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have prior java technology knowlage. SAP Portal Admin wiill be write choice for you.

-Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would agree - Portal Admin, BASIS/Netweaver Admin type of role would best suit your experience.

In terms of functional - if we speak to core SAP Functional such as MM/SD, etc - you will be starting completely fresh and not able to apply your previous skills as much as if you carry those skills over to an Admin type position. I come from Basis/Netweaver Admin background and can tell you Java and DB previous experience would be quite fitting, same for Portal Admin.