Did you mean: 

File Adapter

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we have the following directory structure:

.../out/notif

Files in directory /out should be polled by one file adapter (1). Files in directory /out/notif should be polled by another file adapter (2).

Now my problem ist that file adapter no 1 is also polling files form directory .../out/notif.

So that means, file adapter is always polling files in defined directory and in all subdirectories. Correct ?

How can I stop that ?

Thanks,

Elko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO, File adapter poll files only in the specified directory. Are you specifying wildchar for the directory name? somewhere? Thats the reason it goes and check the sub directories.Please check.

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

For directory I dont use any wildcard, but I need to read all files from the directory, so for filename I entered wildcard *.

I just checked, when I use for example "*.txt" as wildcard, only .txt.files from the directory are polled. If I use wildcard (all files) also files from subdirectories are polled.

Bug ?

Elko

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That might be the reason. One simple suggestion if your filename starts in the series abc1.txt, abc2.txt ,abc3.txt... then specify wildchar as abc*.txt. Dont specify *.txt.

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

But I need ALL files from the directory, so I have to specify "*" as filename.

Elko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try star.star in filename.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

How do you know that the fields frm the sub directory are also being picked by first adapter?

best Regards,

ravi

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

this is a good hint to use star.star. By in my case the source files do not have a file extension, so star.star doesnt work.

@Ravi,

i just have the first adapter running, second one is stopped, while testing.

Thanks

Elko

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

I solved the issue by just not using subdirectories.

Thanks

Elko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

That should not be the case.

File adapter should only poll files from mentioned directory & specified names.

Check if SOurce Directory & file names are mentioned properly.

-santosh.