cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope this is the right forum

I have recently been tasked with sorting out our warehouse after a influx of stock from another of our sites.

Now in SAP I show 4 of a certain part in a bin location, physically I only have 2.

I would like to keep the 2 I have physically checked in the location stated in SAP but move the 2 I am missing to a query bin I will create, my hope is that once I work my way through the warehouse bin locations I will locate these parts and remove them from the query bin back into stock.

I am fairly new to SAP so I am unsure of how exactly to move this stock around, from what I can see through the menus it lokos like LT10 mighht be what I need but as I said I am not au fait wth SAP.

Can someone give me some advise?

Regards

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

better do not follow this approach, at least not over a long period.

you can move stock with LT01 to your query bin, but this has no effect on Inventory managment (IM). Availability check is perfomred at IM level, goods issues are planned and done at IM level. SD deliveries and most batch determinations work only at IM level.

So all departments with exception of WM are still assuming that the full stock is present. And you may get TOs for more quantity that you currently have. This is confusing and creates double work (cancellations may need to be done, customers informed that material is not available etc.)

Better adjust the inventory directly, and if you find it someday at a different place, adjust your inventory again in the other direction.

So anybody can trust the stock figurs shown in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that would be better as I am not the only one using the stock in this warehouse.

How would I adjust the inventory to show these items no longer in SAP?

As I said SAP is very new to me

Thanks again for your help

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create inventory document with LI01N, ir LX15 or LX16

print inventory document with LI04

count stock

enter count with LI11N

create difference list with LX17

adjust difference in WM with LI20

adjust difference in IM with LI21