cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pis and Cofins on fixed assets value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!

There is a sapnote (696160) that explains how to implement new depreciation areas to PIS and COFINS (legal taxes in Brazil).

These new areas will calc these legal taxes on the fixed assets' depreciation.

But I need to implement the calc of Pis and Cofins on fixed assets value acquisition.

Does anyone have some idea how to do it?

Regards,

Danielle.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

The Depreciation Area provide the base for tax calculating. You must check the depreciated amount of PIS / COFINS in Depreciation monthly and multiply by rate of 4.65%.

This value must be written in your book tax - pay attention to the SAP standard doesn't provide books for PIS / COFINS - This tax doesn't take credit appropriation and its Reports must be done development or a separate system.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel!

Thanks for your help.

But I didn't understand: How can we control the assets through the depreciation? Because I understand that there are two ways to calculate the credit of PIS and COFINS: through depreciation or on the value acquisition.

The value acquisition, the case of my customer, is share 1/48.

I need to implement the configurations of depreciation for this case too?

Thanks again!!

Danielle.

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dani,

Yes, you must depreciate to have tax amount calculation.

The point of PIS / COFINS calculation is know how much is the amount to be recovered. This amount will deduct the monthly tax amount to be paid.

If you execute assets depreciation in a determined period on 1 / 48 of value, multiply it by 7.6% to have PIS / COFINS to be recovered in this month.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel!

So I need to configure depreciation for these assets to find the amount, is this correct?

I must configure the asset to depreciation 1/48 on the value and then I need to do a calc (z program) to calculate the amount of PIS and COFINS?

Another doubt: Do you have some suggest in the case of assets that have already credit of PIS and Cofins?

If you have some material, could you send me?

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot!

Danielle.

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I need to configure depreciation for these assets to find the amount, is this correct?

Yes. You may create a "fiscal depreciation area", It will depreciate but don't post, but it is not necessary. You can collect depreciated value from area 01.

I must configure the asset to depreciation 1/48 on the value and then I need to do a calc (z program) to calculate the amount of PIS and COFINS?

The tax amout is already included in Assets expenses. Select an Assets in AW01N and hit P.O. Got to historic and look the accounting posting of Vendor Invoice. The Tax entries must be there by IVA code. You only need calculate it except if the IVA didn't do it.

The your only need is to calculate the amount for tax payment discount (tax credit = depreciation amount of period X 7.6%).

Another doubt: Do you have some suggest in the case of assets that have already credit of PIS and Cofins?

PIS/COFINS is a TAX and an Assets Expense. Ask for an IVA to take it during Invoice cration.

Concerning Assets functionalities, you don't need anything from the system. As I said you will need only recorver 7.6% from amount depreciated running AFAB every month.

If you have some material, could you send me?

Find my contacts and send me a message to receive it.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel!

Thanks for your help!

I'll send you an e-mail, but now I understand how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Danielle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

O need to apply at solution refer at note 696160, but I have at release sap 6.0.

Do you Know if have problem? Because at note not especific this release.

Thanks in advance

Kelly Marques

Answers (0)