cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to authenticate "SAP ECC" user in netweaver mobile (DOE) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to authenticate "SAP ECC" user in netweaver mobile (DOE) ?

Is necessary to replicate accounts between sap ECC and Netweaver for allow it ?

I need details because my backend system (ECC) has 300 account user.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be great if you can elaborate your actual requirement.

But based on my current understanding let me try to give you a solution:

Please correnct my understanding if it is wrong. You want to develop a mobile applicaiton using Netweaver Mobile and your question is how do u connect NW Mobile to your ECC system.

So the answer is you need to create a RFC Destination. For that you can go to SM59 and create a RFC destination and while creating it, you need to make sure that you are using Current user Configuration. Meaning the Userid and Password should be same in both NW Mobile and ECC system.

In case if you dont want to have the same password in both the system, then you can also establish a trusted RFC connection. In trusted RFC connection, only the User id should be present in both the systems.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva

but is necessary that i have the same uses in DOE e SAP ECC ?

example:

I created sup application and I need autheticate in doe, but i need autehticate not in netweaver but in SAP ECC. because i dont want recreate my ECC users in netweaver .

if it not possible how do i replicate this users from ECC to Netweaver ? is there any DOE tool for this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the parameter above and donload user form ecc , but i cant autheticated withou create the same user in netweaver. what is the real use of this parameters ?

USR_DWLD_BE_DEST

USR_DWLD_BE_SEARCH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is necessary to replicate users from ECC to Netweaver System.

And remember, DOE sits on top of Netweaver box. So when you say authenticating to DOE, it actually is atuthenticating to your Netweaver system.

Coming to your question of how to download users from ECC to Netweaver DOE, you should check with your BASIS colleague. I dont know how they do it, but i am sure that it can be done easily.

Coming to your last question of users you downloaded by configuring those RFC destinations, it actually downloads the user's information from ECC to DOE related data objects. And any application which you are downloading using DOE, you can use these data objects and finally once you have thee user related data on your device, you can control certain authorization related stuff.

For eg. if you want to create a order and it requires certain authorization for a user in ECC. So when a user creates a order on device, you never know if he has authorizations and once it goes to ECC it will get reject due to failed authorization. To avoid such round trips, if you use the USER_DETAILS & USER_AUTHORIZAITON data objects in BASIS SWCV in DOE, you can check those authorizations even before you create them.

Hope you got it.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva ,You've been a guru to me, his answers as it has always helped me a lot, thanks.

Sometimes is hard found good documentation about DOE and SUP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just started to be active in group from last 3 days even though I was an active contributer a couple of years ago. There is one more colleague with name Siva and may be he replied a lot to your questions..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be great if you can elaborate your actual requirement.

But based on my current understanding let me try to give you a solution:

Please correnct my understanding if it is wrong. You want to develop a mobile applicaiton using Netweaver Mobile and your question is how do u connect NW Mobile to your ECC system.

So the answer is you need to create a RFC Destination. For that you can go to SM59 and create a RFC destination and while creating it, you need to make sure that you are using Current user Configuration. Meaning the Userid and Password should be same in both NW Mobile and ECC system.

In case if you dont want to have the same password in both the system, then you can also establish a trusted RFC connection. In trusted RFC connection, only the User id should be present in both the systems.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Siva.