Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drilldown report error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We have BW reports ..

From main report,at any hierarchy level,if we rightclick we get option to jump to other reports via Go To.

Suppose I open one Go To report called 'A' from one hierarchy level in main report .

Then I add drilldown in main report at top hierarchy level.Then I open same Go to report 'A' from same hierarchy level as done above.

Eventhough its same Go to Report,the Go to report from drilldown of main report is showing some extra records which I am unable to understand.

Have you ever faced similar problem like this?how to find solution/explanation for this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind

Thanks for your inputs.

I understood how these variable values are passing between each other.

but I donot understand why the information in 'second Execution' and 'First execution' is varying...

I mean the results shown in 'Second Execution' should be contained in 'First Execution' .isn't it???

First Execution:

Open main report in company's portal--rightclick and choose 'Go To report-A'.Result opens in new window,which I call as 'First Execution' for easy understanding

Second Execution:

Open main report in company's portal--add drilldown .Then rightclick on main report and choose 'Go To report-A'.Result opens in new window,which I call as 'Second Execution' for easy understanding

now the result between first execution and second execution is varying.As far as I understand about BW reports,result seen in Drilldown levels are just detailed result of main reports but not new information.but in our case we are seeing some extra information which is not found in main report.

why is it like that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is strange.

Maybe the issue is because of the Hierarchy.

Also, where do you say 'Go To'? If you do it on the Char Name it sends all the values in that characteristic to the second report. if you click on the value, it sends only that value.

Are you sure you are doing Go To at one place both times?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks alot for your replies.

I noted down which queries are executing when we are running reports from company's portal.Then I executed the individual queries and gave the varible values(as I understood from reports results) and checked...The result differs.

Is there any table or a way to check what variable values are being passed between queries when its RRI mechanism between them?

as far I understand ,the 'first execution' window and 'second execution' window should show same information eventhough number of records may vary.but in my case-second execution window is showing some extra information which we are unable to understand....Its coming only when drilldown is added in main report(sender)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For jumping the query you are right clicking on certain char and then goto.

the values of that char is passed in the variable.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

do you mean t-code RSBBS because the t-code you mentioned doesnot work?

I understood that Go to report picksup variable values from sender report.So we executed 'Go to report-A' first time from main report(sender).The result opens in new window which we can call as 'First Execution',for convenienceThen we went to main report(sender) again and added drilldown .Then executed same 'Go to report-A' again .Then result opens in one new window which we can call as 'Second Execution'......

The result in 'Second Execution' report contains some extra records which we donot understand why we are unable to see in 'First Execution'.

Can anybody please explain?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Note down the variables of the 2nd report. when you do the first RRI check the values of those variables and after drilldown check the values of variables again.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can I check the values of variables as I am seeing my reports directly in company's portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When you jump the query the portal address too will change note down the portal address of the jump query and execute that in a new window, it will give a pop up of all the variables.

when you are jumping the query you can see the values of the characteristics in the report e.g. values of company codes etc.

note down the individual values and pass it down for the variable.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

whenever you perform a RRI jump using goto it picks up the value of certain variables and parameters which have been defined in RSSBM. The next report where you jump is executed for the set of variables which is passed from the first report.

Now when you again use the goto option from the second report it picks the values of variables and execute the first report.

The previous snapshot will be removed and the jump will show new data for the values passed in the jump.

regards,

Arvind.