cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to connect a DEV System to more than one SAP Solution Manage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My system DEV is already connected to a first SAP Solution Manager, I would also like to reconnect the same system so that it communicates and will be monitored by a second SolMan.

Is it possible to do so and the do the operation involve any risks ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your replay.

Best Regards

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is possible in many scenarios. Often this is done to distribute load, for example on Solution Manager will do the Service Desk Function, one may do ChaRM, one may be doing Monitoring & Reporting, one may be doing Diagnostics.

In these cases a managed ssytem can be connected to many Solution Manager systems.

However as Mateus has pointed out, you cannot connect one managed to two Solution Managers and do SMD on both Solution

Manager systems, but you can have more than one Solution Manager doing Diagnostics.

Even in the case of EWA, while you can connect a Managed system to multiple Solution Manager systems and have then generate a report, one of the Solution Manager systems must be defined as the Master.

So the specific scenario may place some restrictions on connecting a managed system to more than one Solution Manager,

but for most instances it can be done.

Regards,

Paul

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You can connect these systems using RFC without problems, but at level of Diagnostics I believe you can connect just one Solution Manager server because the parameters can point to just one system.