cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales based data migration through LSMW BAPI (BUS1505) change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

keep getting this error message while trying to load sales based scenario.

there is neither no term category in the sales rules's structure nor it is in reporting rule's structure.

error message

Term category 1410 cannot be used in sales rules

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

That is hilarious I know that feeling.

Not sure why you are getting this error but try following -

1. Make sure your file does not have data in cells which you don't use.

2. Structures which you do not want to pass any values in, do not pass those structures at all. Means if you wish to change only business partner then user only 1 structure and one header record for identifying the contract that is it. Do not pass any other structure not even blank in the file.

3. Make sure in source to target mapping you have made correct assignment if by mistake you have made incorrect assignment you will get bad data.

4. When you read your data execute step display read data and review where you see 1410.

5. Similarly when you execute Convert step in LSMW execute display converted data and you will see if 1410 was populated.

last step if none of the above works ) Display the conversion program and put a debug point at this particulat field and see from where this value is being passed. This is no standard error so it has to be your LSMW/Input file.

Let me know what it was

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the ideas and advice, tired those as well. but i finally manage to solve the problem after some break. just one of those days where you cant think straight. Appreciate your help.

solution:

i get the function module used BAPI_RE_CN_CHANGE

from there, i try to change the contract by passing the value, which i think its a much better way.

from there i understand what is required.

firstly, i should not insert the frequency, but rather update the frequency they will be auto generated

secondly, i notice that the frequency the bapi is looking for is "001" rather than "1". and with that change i resolved all the issue and manage to create the sales based term.

hope this is helpful for your future project as well.

Regards,

John