Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space issue in internal table giving short dump after unicode enabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

At the time upgrade ,we got few dumps like internal table spacing issue.After analysing it ,we found the data was not able to append in to the internal table because of char length issue.. Pls advice how to proceed further ..I think after unicode the char length will conver it in to 2 byte .I guess .Pls advice to correct this error.

Regard

Arun.P

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you make sure that in your program unicode check active or not,if it is not checked make it attributes->Unicode check active checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is a char length issue then that should have been shown while doing UCCHECK. Hope the issue is of poor performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Can you post the exact error,

Even i have faced the same issue.

Ensure that the UNICODE Check in the attributes is checked.

You could use this : CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES

Try out with TRANSFER MOVE or WRITE statements.

or else make it as a string and do the modifications.

Unless you post the error i may not be able to help you further.

Thanks

Sri

0 Kudos

HI,

We have changed the character in to string ..But now its giving synatax error has given below..Pls advice..

Error:

I am getting the below error like so and so structure must be a flat structure .You cannot use internal tab ,strings,references or structures as components

Regards

Arun.P