Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Email notifications for work items not sent - program RSWUWFML2

Hello people,

Appreciate if somebody could give me some pointer on what could be the problem/what else to check.

Ever since the upgrade to new system, many users have complained that they never receive any email notification when their employee request (from portal) to attend a course.

Program RSWUWFML2 is set as a daily job to send the notifications for workitems. There's some slight difference of the program RSWUWFML2 in the old and new production system but I dont think that is the cause (the diff is on Timestamp and Change Agent).

I know the program is reading the recipient's email address from Central Address management (SU01) if cannot find, itwill use function SO_AUTOMATIC_FORWARD_GET to get the auto-fwd-email-address.

So I thought it was the problem with User's email address. But after I check, it is the same. In both old and new system, the user's email address is setup in the Automatic Forwarding. And it is in active status.

I checked the standard task used by the program. It is the same, no diff. I checked the customized object (the program) used in the task, also there's no diff between the old and new system.

I cannot simulate the issue in QA system, I manage to get the email triggered out.

Why I think the program got problem in sending out email is because I check in SOST, there's no email being sent out by SAP at all (for that particular Course booking scenario). At least if I see there's email sent out for Course booking (status can be succesful/fail to send) I can be sure the program manages to trigger email notification.

And also I check the job spool, there's no error log.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question