cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications for work items not sent - program RSWUWFML2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

Appreciate if somebody could give me some pointer on what could be the problem/what else to check.

Problem:

Ever since the upgrade to new system, many users have complained that they never receive any email notification when their employee request (from portal) to attend a course.

Program RSWUWFML2 is set as a daily job to send the notifications for workitems. There's some slight difference of the program RSWUWFML2 in the old and new production system but I dont think that is the cause (the diff is on Timestamp and Change Agent).

I know the program is reading the recipient's email address from Central Address management (SU01) if cannot find, itwill use function SO_AUTOMATIC_FORWARD_GET to get the auto-fwd-email-address.

So I thought it was the problem with User's email address. But after I check, it is the same. In both old and new system, the user's email address is setup in the Automatic Forwarding. And it is in active status.

I checked the standard task used by the program. It is the same, no diff. I checked the customized object (the program) used in the task, also there's no diff between the old and new system.

I cannot simulate the issue in QA system, I manage to get the email triggered out.

Why I think the program got problem in sending out email is because I check in SOST, there's no email being sent out by SAP at all (for that particular Course booking scenario). At least if I see there's email sent out for Course booking (status can be succesful/fail to send) I can be sure the program manages to trigger email notification.

And also I check the job spool, there's no error log.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. Turns out there's another Z program copying from the standard and uses the same Job Suffix, causing the Last Time Stamp (in SWU_WLSCAN) to be over written every 5 minutes.

gctl
Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect it could be your send mail settings in your ERP system

You may want to get a Basis colleague to help u troubleshoot. Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregg, thanks for the response. It's not the ERP sending problem, as there are other emails being sent.

What I mentioned not being sent at all is for this Course Booking tasks. None of them get sent in this new system. While in the old system they are ok.

gctl
Contributor
0 Kudos

if emails are sent out now from your new system,

pls check your workflow for training management

- ensure that EE / approver possess email address in IT0105 subty 0010

- The workflow design ought to have successfully extract the email address from the EE / approver to send such emails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregg,

I don't think think emails in IT0105 is used for sending emails. Anyway, the email address for the approver does get maintained there (both in old and current system).

Where/how to check the workflow?

The only two things I checked were:

1. the program (which after I traced, is getting email from Central Address(su01), or from Automatic forwarding)

2. the task itself (no clue on emails at all).

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

it did hapen to me once we upgraded. I had to end the existing batch job and reschedule a new one. It worked.

gctl
Contributor
0 Kudos

you may need to get a workflow technical consultant to help you identify which workflow template your training module uses.

i will also suggest you to search under IMG node / subnodes of Training Management in SPRO to identify the location you align your workflow to your training approvals

last but not least, as you did an upgrade, have you / or your workflow consultant executed transaction code SWF_AUTO in production ERP system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cancel the job that runs RSWUWFML2 once. Now book a course, run RSWUWFML2 manually and see whether mail gets generated. If it does, then schedule this creating a new job and see again whether mail gets generated for a course booking.

If mail does not get generated, I think problem lies with the workflow.

Also one more thing. You said that you are using workflow, but mail is not getting generated. But have you checked that whether work item is reaching the correct person? If yes then workflow is partially working correctly. If not, then workflow needs to be checked thoroughly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still waiting for anybody's comment. Thanks.