cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Message while creating PR from Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein i want the system to pop up a warning message whenever i try to create a PR for an amount higher than the one i have planned in the Material Planning field in the activity.

Example: - Lets say for activity 10 i have entered 10000 GBP in the Material Planning field. I have attached a material component to this activity and i am trying to create a PR. Likewise i might have several activities with material components attached to them.While trying to create the PR, system should throw a warning message in case the PR value exceeds the amount mentioned in the Material Planning field.

Any pointers on how this can be achieved will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to plan the material in project , where as you will generate PR for those manually. In this case you can consider some user exit validation.

Or create the project structure such a way that where you could manage the budget for a set of materials (one WBSE for a set of materials), then it can be controlled through budget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the response, but i have already thought over what you have mentioned in your post and it is not feasible. And the PR's would not be created manually but directly from the project.

Any other pointers please?

Regards,

Gokul

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in one of the project we controlled the purchase price of material (here it was called material budget) through a user exit validation in PO and maintaining a Planned price in th material master costing tab.

In another we have done it through a Z table maintain material code maximum allowed price and project number with a validation in the PO.

May be you can think of some thing similar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdul That was an informative reply. I will try doing something similar and see if i can achieve it.

Suggestions are still welcome.