cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard XSD and Ports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are implementing SRM-MDM Catalog, I need to add new fields in my xml file which is coming to MDM System. So I need to edit the corresponding XSD file also. But In My console i have few xsd files, but i am not able to download and edit.

Where can i get this standard .XSD files, if any links or SAP Notes or SMP Paths, please do let me know..

You help will be rewarded in points

Thanks

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

I have done these in my previous project.

You can not download XSD from the repository either thru console or by any means.

I followed these steps:

1. Get the XSD from Service Market Place.

2. Edit the XSD in the XML editors like Altova SPY etc.

3. Once your XSD is completed, You need to upload the same to MDM through Console.

4. Then you can use this XSD in import manager for mapping the input data file.

These is for Catalog 3.0 , I followed.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks. Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable inputs,

Finally got the path from where to download .xsd files from service market place

Thanks

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

once the mappings are done in PI (XI) system ... you have an option to generate an XSD automatically and upload in MDM system.

Just ask ur XI guy to generate this ...

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

Thanks for your input,

But actually my requirement is i have few standard .xsd files in my SRM-MDM Catalog repository in XML Schema table, but from MDM Console i am not able to download and edit the existing one's,

I want the standard .xsd's which was in my repository to edit according to my requirement.

I came to know that will be downloaded from SMP, but i don't find any clues or links to find out exactly, Could you please provide any details where i can download it

Where exactly it will be available to find out

Thanks

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

There is no option to download the XSDs from the MDM Console.

If you try to add some fields to the schema, then we will have to do it from some external source and upload that XSD in MDM console.

Editing the schema cannot be automatically done within MDM.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Thanks for your valuable input,

Actually when we unarchive any SAP standard repository, under XML Schema Table we will have few SAP Standard .XSD files, this files we cannot download it from console.., But I am sure we can get this .xsd files from Service Market place or through SAP Notes.

if you have any idea about where to get this Standard .xsd files..

For more information could you please refer to the below link.

Thanks

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

The standard XSDs will be the part of the standard business content zip folder when you download.

When you unzip the content you will see a folder that contains the standard XSDs.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Please refer to the sap note 1497455.

This will help you in creating the xsd for your MDM system.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already refered with that SAP Note, but i don't find much help for my requirement.

Thanks

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Then as suggested by Adrivit, ask you PI team to provide you with the xsd and load it in MDM console.

OR

Take the XML source file and use some tools like Altova XML spy, Oxygen xml editor etc., to generate the XSD.

Regards,

Sravan