cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to hit enter on table cell & retrieve data without selecting line?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're using ECC6. I I have a situation where the user wants to be able to hit a cell in a table which will then fire a report and pass the contents of that cell to the report.

So far I have been only able to get this working when the row is highlighted, I can easily pick up the values from the lead selection. But the user does not want to have to highlight a row every time to run the report. The user just wants to hit return a cell and for the report to be updated with the value in that cell.

So, I'm just wondering if it is possible to hit enter in any table cell and retrive the data without highlighting the row?

Many thanks in advance,

Liz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Table Cell contains ON_ENETER event, so select the cell and press enter on enter event will trigger.

So write your code to fire report on on_enter event.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Firstly thanks for the response. I will try what you suggest but my problem is how to get the data of the non-highlighted row. If the row is highlihgted I can get the data via the lead selection but if the row is not highlighted how do i determine which row I have hit enter on?

Thanks,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want complete row data or perticular cell data??

Basic q's, without selecting a row how can we get data? without selecting means you get complete data on table,

In that case which data you have to pass to report?

Or if you dont want to select data means, create one more field of type button. so in thins button action get that row data

and call report from here itself.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want complete row data or perticular cell data??

Basic q's, without selecting a row how can we get data? without selecting means you get complete data on table,

In that case which data you have to pass to report?

Or if you dont want to select data means, create one more field of type button. so in thins button action get that row data

and call report from here itself.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I actually want 2 pieces of data from the row and pass the both to the report.

Whicle it is a good suggestion, sticking a button on the row is the same as highlighting the row, the user does not want to have to do this.

Thanks,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

You are saying user doesnt want to highlight, then go for button.

Just decide yourself based on your requirement and feasibility.

cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kris.