Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply support package to preview system - DDIC activation failed

tom_francis2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When applying the support package as by the excellent video blog of Thomas Jung, my network connection dropped during the DDIC activation.

This caused the DDIC activation to crash. When I try to restart, the background process goes immediately in 'On hold' , awaiting RFC.

Is there any possibility to continue the import?

If not, can I completely restart the import?

thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

During the DDIC activation phase i m not sure that it will continue the import or not.But u can reset from

Extraresetstatusqueue

and after reseting u can completely restart the import.

Regards

Subhash

tom_francis2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I could not reset the queue (because it was already in DDIC activation), but what I tried was to continue the job in dialog, and this seemed to work.

Thanks anyway,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the DDIC activation for the SP SAPKB7012 was stopped with the error:

Phase: DDIC_ACTIVATION

Reason for error: TP_STEP_FAILURE

RC: 12

The symptom was that the job RDDMASGL was cancelled with the error: SYSTEM_NO_TASK_STORAGE (storage size to low).

After adjusting by increasing the buffers sizes (ztta/roll_, abap/heap, em/initial_size_MB), the SAP SCM was restarted to refresh for the new storage values. Then I went to SPAM to click import again. But now the import queue button or top list are frozen, Extras-> reset status -> Queue (frozen), anywhere is frozen.

Now I am not able to restart the import queue.

Any hint. Thanks,

Rodolfo

Edited by: Rodolfo Neuhaus on Aug 3, 2008 8:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

was the issue fixed..? even i have similar problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please run each patch set in test mode first then go for standard.

If you already started the patch and it stucks in DDIC activation phase then try the following command before you restore the database -

tp r3i all <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL tag=spam -Dclientcascade=yes -Drepeatonerror=8.

Then, go for applying the package once again.

Regards,

Sudip...

Edited by: Sudip Saha on Dec 9, 2008 11:26 AM

Answers (0)