cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit management (Simple run and delivery Block)

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

dear Gurus,

I have maintain the "Run simple credit limit check and delivery block" against my order type OR, when order value exceed system given me the message and block the order for delivery.

If I run the transaction VKM3 and release the document, and than create delivery system cant allow me because there i a "Delivery block" due to Credit Limit on at teh order, Why this happen.

I want If through VKM3 i release the order it will ok, there is no need to go on the order again and remove the check.

Plus after releasing the document from VKM3 i again input the sales order number system behavior is same its again lead me to the same screen for the releasing.

Looking for the gurus response.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved.

Thanks Gurus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran:

Can you let me know how you solved that issue i detail so that I can deploy the same on our process.

Please help me on that.

Regards, Kingshuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If system run credit check and block delivery then you have to run VKM3

If you have set delivery block as credit check then this will not removed by system,you need to remove manually.

Once you release sales order by VKM3 and again you run vkm3 still order is there,but over all credit status changed

kapil

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Thanks for the response.

Do tell me one thing I use "Credit management: Automatic credit control" against order type OR.

But system can't have any response, cant intimate me a the time or order and delievry allow.

What point i am missing.

Looking for your response.

Regards,

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

In addition to your reply, If I set that "chedit check and delivery block" and if only delivery block function system allow me to perform delivery, no need to perform VKM3 because delivery can easily blocked. Please explain this if its correct in my system.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Make sure that the required reaction(warning/Error) is mainatined in transaction OVA8.

Depending on the reaction status A/B/C/D the system will display the warining/errors during sales order creation.

Thanks

Arun

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

dear Arun,

What is the behavior of "Credit management: Automatic credit control" with credit group "Credit Group for Sales Order" ?

I maintain the fd32 and on the above setting create the order but order is not even block and have seen no status.

"I expect the behavior of the above configutaion that system block the order for delivery and i have to release it with VKM3, and no need to manually go to the order and remove the delivery block check"

Waiting for the comments.

Looking forward for the response.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"What is the behavior of "Credit management: Automatic credit control" with credit group "Credit Group for Sales Order" ?"

Using Credit group you can block orders @ level of creating delivery, PGI, orders.

You will be assigning the Credit limit in FD32 transaction, Also you will be assigning the risk category (depending whether the customer is a risky customer or not).

With all the above combination you will be maintaing the automatic credit check using transaction OVA8.

"I maintain the fd32 and on the above setting create the order but order is not even block and have seen no status."

Check if the customer has excedded the credit limit or not, the orders might be blocked or not depending on the credit horizon. Please check you your delivery falls beyond the credit horizon. If your delivery is beyond the horizon the order will not be blocked.

Thanks

Arun

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

"Credit management: Automatic credit control" with credit group "Credit Group for Sales Order" I have maintain the said setting.

But no automatic credit check is found although the order qty is much biggar than the credit limit assign.

And system is performing the delivery as well, i need that system block this.

Looking forward for the feedback.

Regads,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

IF the Delivery date beyond the Credit horizon the order will not be blocked, Please check the credit horizon you have maintained in ova8 transaction and the Delivery date.

Thanks

Arun

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any update.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You need to check if Subtotal A is set in the Pricing Procedure to get Credit Management Activated.

2. Pls check if the Credit Group '01' is assigned in the Sales Order type i.e. T Code VOV8.

3. Check if Credit Control Area is assigned to the Customer.

4. Risk Category is assigned in Credit Master i.e. FD32 wil the same as mentioned in OVA8.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All the things you mentioned are OK, In the OVAK order type OR, Credit Check D "Credit management: Automatic credit control" and Credit Group "Credit Group for Sales Order" are set.

but no credit is performing, yes when i choose the credit Check B "Run simple credit limit check and warning message" than credit management is working, but I need the above automatic credi limit.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Is there any setting in the "Define Automatic credit Control" where a configuration screen display, did is there any check i might missing.

Please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check if Update (000012 Open order value on time axis, delivery and bill.doct value ) is assigned to Credit Control Area which is there is OVA8 assignment.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Please check the following points.

TCode - OB38

SPRO>IMG>FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING>ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES AND ACCOUNTS PAYABLE>CREDIT MANAGEMENT>CREDIT CONTROL ACCOUNT>ASSIGN PERMITTED CREDIT CONTROL AREAS TO COMPANY CODE.

TCode - OX19

Company code assigned to controlling area.

TCode - OVFL

This is the most significant assignment of credit control area for credit management.Should be maintained as per the business need.

PATH > SPRO>IMG-->FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING>ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE AND PAYABLES>CREDIT MANAGEMENT>ASSIGN PERMITTED CREDIT CONTROL AREA TO COMPANY CODE

IN OB45,MAINTAIN UPATE AS 000012 for your credit control area.

IN OB01 , T-Code:OB01 ASSIGNING CREDIT CONTROL AREA TO RISK CATEGORY

IN OVAK, ASSIGNING SALES DOCUMENT TYPE TO CREDIT CHECK (D FOR AUTOMATIC) & CREDIT GROUP (01 FOR ORDER).

IN OVAD, ASSIGNING DELIVERY TYPES TO CREDIT CONTROL GROUP FOR BOTH DELIVERY & GOODS ISSUE [ NOT NECESSARY IF THE BLOCK NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED ONLY IN SALES ORDER LEVEL]

IN OVA8, MAINTAIN THE AUTOMATIC CREDIT SETTINGS (maintain the CHECK/STATUS/BLOCK for the relevant option)

IN OVA7, ASSIGNING THE CREDIT LIMIT TO SALES DOCUMENT ITEM CATEGORY

IN FD32, CREDIT CONTROL MASTER DATA -THE CREDIT LIMITS ARE MAINTAINED HERE AND MAINTAINED ACROSS THE CREDIT CONTROL AREAS,FOR THE SALES AREAS THE CUSTOMER EXISTS.

IN OMO1, UPDATE THE INFORMATION STRUCTURES IN SYNCHRONOUS MODE FOR S066

IN V/08 (PRICING PROCEDURE) MAINTAIN THE SUBTOTAL IN TOTAL AS 'A' FOR THE UPDATE OF THE CREDIT CONTROL MASTER DATA.

AFTER THESE CONFIGURATIONS ARE DONE, CHECK WHETHER RISK CATEGORY IS MAINTAINED IN FD32.

ALSO CHECK THE PLANT IS DETERMINED IN THE SALES ORDER.

Please do the above steps , and i am sure your credit management will be working.

Please revert back if there is any confusion/need further clarification.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur & Hegal,

Thanks for the detail response I really appreciate this.

Issue resolved, Dynamic check was missing, now its working fine.

Just wants to have feedback on a little scenario.

I have a customer credit limit $1000, and first time i create the order lets say $2000, system cant react for the credit check.

Yes when i run the cycle till billing. after this if I again create 2nd sales order system start credit check and through messge that $1000 value is exceeded. Please suggest for this.

2ndly i want every time order generated system also incorporate all the orders value not only the invoice value.

Looking forward for the feedback.

Regards,

Imran khan

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Your requirement cannot be met in STANDARD SAP (Credit management).

For this you have to identify an Exit in the sales order , and write a logic such that if there is no sale order for this particular SP in VBAK, then system should bypass the ERROR message (even if the credit limit is exceeded).

From the second time, since there is already an ORDER in VBAK, system will understand that this transaction is valid for credit check and hence the ERROR message due to credit check will be triggered.

But it is advisable that you do not do a exception for the first sales order because in real business scenarios, the credit limit will not be in 1000s and hence a single order in Lacs can prove a dead-lock for the company.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hegal,

OK do told me that how system will also cater the open sales order value??

If my automatic credit limit is working and invoice is post of $2000 credit limit is $1000, I want that if my next sales order is generate system will give message that include the invoice already billed and the sales order value.

Currently it cant doing like this.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Let me try to understand your requirement.

1) you need credit check in sales order level based on credit limit.

2) if the credit limit is 1000 rs and if the first invoice for that customer is raised for 2000 rs, system should allow the sales order to be saved and delivered and invoiced.

3) if again another sales order is created now for the same customer, then system should not allow the sales order and should block due to the amount already invoiced (2000) + the sales order value being created now (say 500).

For the (1) point, the automatic credit has been configured

For (2) point, as i told you before , we will have to find an exit in sales order ( it is available , as i have worked on similar requirement / detail of the exit can be provided if you allow me couple of days) . Here in standard , a message will be triggered as the initial sales order value is greater than the credit limit . ABAPer has to write a code to check whether the SP has any sales orders in VBAK table. If no, the error message should be bypassed and so system will allow that sales order from being created (rs 2000).

Now the credit exposure in FD32 will be 1000 ( 2000-1000)

(3) when the second sales order is created, system again checks whether there is any sales orders in VBAK table for SP .

Since there is a sales order with 2000rs, system will not bypass the standard error .hence the sales order will not be created this time ( with exposure of 1000 already in fd32 + 500 which is the second sales order value. i.e, 1500)

Credit limit has been exceeded by 1500. [ 1000 (credit limit) - {2000 order 1 + 500 order 2} ] = -1500

Hope you understood the working .

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Hegal K Charles,

Dear just read the my core requirement,

I have a automatic credit limit configured.

I just want that when ever credit limit exceeded system through the message, and in that value "system also incorporate / add up the value of the open sales order". and thats it.

Let incorporate the same in example.

I have credit limit set $1000, first order of $1500, finance person will release the document, so far limit exceed by $500 only.

Now again I am going to create a sales order of $1000, credit limit already fully utilize. Now system when through message take $500 of the previous amount and $ 1000 of this order. Means "System through the message that Dynamic credit limit has been exceeded of $1500.

That is my requirement. I have already mark the check on the open item, but nothing is happen.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's standard behaviour that till first Billing , system do not go for the Credit Check. After Fist Billing , system start checking the Credit Limit with the Order Value.

2ndly i want every time order generated system also incorporate all the orders 
value not only the invoice value.

Can you plz elaborate this requirement.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,

As you stated that its a standard behavior, ok.

But system only take the invoice value when prompt the message it cant include the value of the sales order . thats my query is.

Did it include the order value when order is realese through vkm3? and again if i made a order than system include the previous invoice and order value.

Required your value able feedback.

Regards,