cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import (Tbl Load) without LOG -> Tbls read-only (error: -115 and -126)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm very new to this things, so I'am sorry for mistakes, but I see no other way, then bothering you with what makes me crazy, so I startet in distributing this help scream a little bit more than perhaps needed.

But I have a problem with my SAP DB 7.4 on Windows 2000 SP4, setting the permissions of tables, I loaded with the loadercli, what I cant't solve.

The data is okay, the application runs (as long as nobody is trying to update, delete or insert data), but I can`t find any option to set the permissions of the tables, neither in the DB Manager nor in the SQL Studio.

For better understanding what I have done:

I exported the 7.4 DB with the 7.6 loader from a desktop computer and imported it into my server-DB. The 7.4 loader was not able to do this, so I tricked it out the hard way by substituting it with the one packed to the newest MaxDB version.

Now everything is read-only, because I forgot (or more precise: I didn't expect this to be that really BIG problem) to export and import the LOG.

The desktop DB was cleared/killed/deleted after my application runs on the server. (I idiot didn't test to update/delete or insert data)

I gathered a lot of information via google and the SAP DB Library, but non helps me.

The Library only says:

-

-115: Table is read only

Explanation:

The attempt was made to perform an <INSERT>, <UPDATE> OR <DELETE statement>. But the specified table only allows reading SQL statements because it was previously loaded with the NOLOG option.

User Action:

The read-only mode can be implicitly cancelled saving data or pages using the database administration tool.

-

I understand, because I loaded no LOG, that there is no LOG.

And the resulting error of this I understand too, which is called: -126 Databackup missing (Backuphistory lost) (which is not descriped in the library)

But why is it not possible to start from this point, with a new log, and the old data? (that is consistent)

So I perhaps need to know 2 things to solve this (I think):

1. How can I reinitialize/recreate/reconfigure a LOG and the Backuphistory?

2. What do I need to do next to set the permissions back to R/W?

Sorry for that many questions and my unknowing, but I can't help myself anymore and my company must work with their application.

Any suggestions to solve this problem are welcome with high gratification!

Thank all of you taking time of this, in hope that there is anybody who can help me, I really need to get this running again.

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but SAPonWindows is the wrong forum.

you did already post this message in the right forum (MaxDB/Livecache).

And somebody already asked for more information.

Your questions should be answered there.

Thank you

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for this. And please excuse my eagerness too, my last days where no fun. I'll of course change to the other forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this to easy and I'm the poor stupid guy, who don't get it?

Is here not a single user who can give me a direction?

Is it not enough information? Did I forget something?

I'm disappointed and frustrated because of all of this technical non-working things. All the marketing is going straight next to reality, but has nothing to do with it, with all its superlatives, that is nothing more than hot air.