cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification view

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Material which i receive from customer i have activated Batch management.

I want to give Batch number Externally whenever i receive the material. to identify which material is supplied from which customer.

While creating the master data do i have to extend Classification view.

I tried creating the material without extending the classification view. just i selected Batch management Check box in purchasing view.

Now i tried creating the Vendor master giving the customer details(Treating customer as vendor)

Now if i try Goods Receipt system is allowing me to give Batch number externally and it is posting the document.

Is it the correct way????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Classification view is required for extensive batch mgmt,Otherwise what u have done is ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murugan,

Thanks a lot for ur reply,

I have not touched any other setting in SPRO other than activating the Batch management for this plant

What is that Extensive Batch.

former_member824495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to classify the batch , then you need to maintain classification for it.

For example : If you are buying same material from vendor A & vendor B. Then you can have classification as 'A' & 'B'.

Also you can have classification such as type, manufacturer, color etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Piyush Mishra,

Here i will receive the material from customer(Vendor) the material i receive is cloth(Grey)

For eg: customer had given 5000 mtrs

Later he will be giving the design and color to be printed on the cloth

He had given design only for 2000 mtrs and also he will tell

4 different colors ( red, black green, blue)

Till that time i will not be doing Goods Receipt after receiving the Design from the customer

2000 mtrs divided by 4 bcoz 4 different colors

Each batch

1. 500 mtrs - 1101B1

2. 500 mtrs - 1101b2

3. 500 mtrs - 1101b3

4. 500 mtrs - 1101b4

I will be doing Goods Receipt and the same batch i will be issuing to production for different color

Is it correct???

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is extensive topic,Check this link

[http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/LOBM/LOBM.pdf]

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not a SAP term.

how do you want to use batches in your organization?

usually one uses batch managment to seperate and track individual receipts. for this requirement just a different batch number is sufficient.

But if you want more, e.g. quality figures like colour, Ph-value, smell, hardness etc.

then you define those as characteristics for a batch class and have somebody enter those values when doing the receipt of the quality analysis. And then you can use batch determination and search for batches having a certain value for these characteristics.