cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortfall of # days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when performing Automate the move from transit to scrap, there is an error message "shortfall of 137 days against....".

I checked the inb delivery, the batch has expiry date 9 Dec 2010, PO doc date is 16 Feb 2011, so the remaining shelf life is 2 months. When perform on 18 May 2011, it appeared shortfall of 137 days, I believe it is the total days from 9 Dec 2010 to 18 May 2011.

Question: what should I do to avoid the shortfall of # days? Does it solve the problem if I change the remaining shelf life in detail line of PO to 2 months instead of 0.

Thks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I still confuse about the SLED calculation.

I check in mat #, the min rem. shelf life is 12 months. in PO the mat has rem shelf life 0. PO doc date is 16 Feb 2011 and delivery date is 8 Mar 2011. The batch has SLED on 9 Dec 2010.

What is the best way to solve the issue?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to change the SLED in your batch master with MSC2N

then you receive the material, then you go again into MSC2N and change the SLED back to the old one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the remaining SLED in purchase order to 3 months, but the error still exist. Should I put 5 months instead of 3 months if the calculation is 137 days divided by 30 equal to 4+ months?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thougt I was clear in explaining what you can do.

if you change the remaining shelf life from 0 to 5 months, then your shortfall will even be some 150 days more,

as you request with this setting that the shelf life must be good for the next 5 months after the receipt, but your material is already 5 months to old.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our policy is not allowed to change the expiry date of the product. Is there other solution for that?

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible.

Work around is change & then complete your process then again put the intial date which was changed.

Otherwise,change the error message into warning-OCHS

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you either have to change your policy or how you do your process.

In general you should receipt everything what is in-transit between 2 plants. And then decide what to do, but not leaving a quantity for months in-transit.

What happens if you leave a quantity for months in transit is what you are just facing, you cannot perform this activity to cleanse your stock in-transit because it violates your policies.

Unfortunatly you cannot perform what you need to do, unless you change the SLED in the batch, or in the material master and purchase order for remaining SLED.

so you may have to change your policy for these exceptional cases, or you do these activities more quickly.

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The short fall for material?

If it is so then change it in MSC2N