cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm new to SRM. We are going to use ECC 6.0 and SRM Classic Scenario comes within ECC 6.0.

I've some queries.

1. SC will be created in SRM. At the time of creation of SC can SRM pick the Moving Average Price from Material Master?

2. After approval SC comes to R/3 as a PR. Can I still amend the PR? I want to do some minor ammendments like chaning of description, change of buyer in case of non-inventory purchase.

3. Lets say SC has been approved fully. Can the user cancel the SC without the Approvers has to reject the approval. (As in R/3 approver has to cancel the rejection before we can change anything in PR).

4. Do I need to delete the R/3 PR before I can proceed with SC deletion? Or once I delete the SC in SRM, R/3 PR will be automatically deleted.

5. I dont want to use the catalog. So I want to assign my R/3 PRs to Contract or Info Record (Source). Can it be done?

6. Lets say I'm the manager and I approve the SC for items below 2K USD. If I create my own SC which is below 2K, do I need to approve it? or it will be routed to somebody else? Is there a facility 'an Approver can't approver his/her own shopping cart'.

7. I've 5 plants and every plant has different Moving Avg Price. when I transfer material master to SRM, will it be saved under different Plants. I thing in SRM there is nothing called plant. In this case when the SC comes to R/3 how the plant will be determined.

Hope somebody can throw some light into it.

Thanks

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

6.There are diffrent kinds of WF's for SC approval i.e. 1step,2-step,n-step(dynamic--based on some values like Product category/total value of SC).For more hlep,Please refer to :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/58/c14e3c59bfe747e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

7.I think Yann's reply answers your query almost.Regarding the modification of search help which nimish has mentioned is if you want Plantwise Products to be displayed in the product Search.In that case,you need to modify the std search help BBPH_PRODUCT because the Material-Plant link is not there in SRM!

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful asnwers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

6. SRM works on Spend Limit and Approval Limit. It is possible for your manager to have an Approval Limit of $2000 and a spend limit of $100, therefore any SC over $100 that he created would require approval. You could also make the values the same and then any cart under $2000 would be self approved.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samal

point 2

You can amend the PR description but in R3 not in SRM.

point 3

Once approved the SC cannot be deleted as the R3 PR has got generated.

point 4

If you delete the Pr in R3 it will show the status in SC that the PR is Deleted that all .

SC does not get automatically deleted

point 5

If there exits a contract /PIR in R3 than system automatically assigns the Contract or PIR provided it is the backend material

point 6

if you as a manager create a SC it will go to the Managers BOSS as per the Organisaiotn Plan

you need to activate one step workflow in that there are start conditions and the manager who creates the SC cannot approve the same.

point 7

for this you need to modify the search help BBP_Product and at run time you need to select only plant wpecific materials and prices

regards,

Nimish Sheth

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

Please have a look on OSS note 963000.

There are some limitations to this scenario !

1- As far as i know, SRM will only search for purchasing inforecords or contracts linked to the item in your SC.

2-Yes you can change the PR as it only exist in ECC.

3- Once the PR is created in the backend, you can still delete SC items (trash icon still active) from SRM.

SC items deletion will trigger PR item deletion.

4- see above answer

5- yes : see 1

6- As far as i know, if you are the creator of the SC, you can't be the approver.

7- Plant = location in SRM

Each SC item contain a plant value so no issue against ECC.

But you won't have one price per plant in SRM ! that's an SRM limitation.

Kind regards,

Yann