cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new BP Search field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please find the details below and help me to get a right solution.

Requirement:

To add new field "Middlename" to BP Search view in IC Webclient and make the search function work based on middlename.

Ways i know:

AET (or)

EEWB (or)

Enhancing BOL attribute structure & enhancing methods

BOL object: BuilHeaderSearch

Structure: CRMST_HEADER_SEARCH_BUIL

Table: BUT000. (It already has field NAMEMIDDLE in it)

Questions:

Functional:

1) Does Field 'NAMEMIDDLE' is used to store the middlename of business partners ?

Techno-Func:

1) Whether to use AET (or) EEWB (or) Enhancing BOL attribute structure & enhancing methods ? which will work best ?

Technical:

1) If i prefer third way of 'Enhancing BOL attribute structure and enhancing methods', then can i enhance standard struc CRMST_HEADER_SEARCH_BUIL for new field 'Middlename' ? what methods should i enhance ?

2) Any idea about Genil class and its methods used for perform search based on middle name ? Will it have the corresponding method for searching based on middlename and will that method requires as modifications ? or, should i raise any OSS for achieving it ?

Thanks in advance,

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You have an enhacement spot 'CRM_BUPA_IL_SEARCH' for account search. You have to create a new implementation and in this you can place your logic for BP MIDDLENAME.

Regards,

Lakshmi.Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I identified that Genil class CL_BUPA_IL_SEARCH_SERVICE (Method SEARCH_BY_BP_GENERAL) requires modification for search functionality to work based on middlename. But, can this be enhanced in customer space ? or, raising OSS message is the right way ? or, does AET/EEWB are capable of generating code for search functionality ?

Thanks,

Gaurav.