Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center Accounting in ECC 6.0 New GL Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make my understanding clear.

If we are in ECC 6.0 and New GL accounting is active and also the One of the Document Spliiting characteristics is Profit Center, it means that all the document must have the Profit center to it.

In this way we can get the Profit center wise Balance sheet.

I hope my understing is clear till now. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Now with this, my next question is , do we really need to Configure the Profit Center Accounting node Under controlling?

If yes, why to do this? Because if we require Distribution or assessment cycle for the Profit center, it can be done through General Ledger Accounting node (New) period end closing process.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as an addition to what you've said:

"If we are in ECC 6.0 and New GL accounting is active and also the One of the Document Spliiting characteristics is Profit Center, it means that all the document must have the Profit center to it.

In this way we can get the Profit center wise Balance sheet."

In doc. split chars. add profit center AND set profit center as a "Mandatory field". Thus profit center is always filled AFTER document splitiing if not, an error message occurs.

And yes, old EC-PCA is not needed anymore.

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian and Raghu for the valuable inputs.

It means the Transfer Prices concept that is there in Profit Center Accounting node can also be handled from Financial Accounting / General Ledger Node.

Am I correct?

regards

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

My personal experience says that SAP has goofed up in this case...

On one hand, they have released note 702854 which says EC-PCA is not to be activated unless you have Transfer Pricing scenario... Later on, they added that Trf Pricing can also be handled in New GL

Now in CRM 7.0 - They have released a note saying that EC-PCA is must.... I dont have the note no with me now... The technical design of the CRM system is not yet updated... It still looks for DUMMY PC when no PC could be derived in CRM and hence gives error that DUMMY PC not found....

This is a clear case of not handling the integration across various SAP products in a proper manner... In my opinion, when ECC, New GL & CRM are all SAP products, they should talk to each other in a well integrated manner

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear consultants,

transer price solution is avaible in connection with new G/L from ECC 6.0 on. Please see SAP documentation.

You do not have to activate classic profit center accounting to be able to use transfer prices. You have to assign profit center scenario within new G/L to the leading ledger to be able to use profit center valuation in currency & valuation profile

CRM integration:

If new G/L is active and you use the

profit center scenario in new G/L, the

system may issue error messages because no dummy profit center is

found. The reason is that, in the process of determining the profit

center for CRM processes, the dummy profit center is set as a valid profit center as the last option in case no other profit center could be derived. Dummy profit center can be created out of new G/L customzing. Therefor it's not necessary to activate classic profit center accounting,

Regards Kerstin.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kerstin

Assume you are on ECC 6.0 and you dont create Dummy PC...

If doc splitting is active, you get an error that "PC in Line item XXXX not filled"... System does not look for Dummy PC in that case...

Same behaviour should have been replicated in CRM as well.. Dont you think so?? If I have not activated EC-PCA, I am not supposed to get any error related to Dummy PC... Thats the basic premise of SAP, as far as I know...

When Dummy PC is a feature of EC-PCA, system should look for it only when EC-PCA is active... Though you can say Dummy PC can be created from New GL Menu,, but the basic premise which stil remains is the behaviour is not the same in CRM & Other ECC components like FI, when the PC is not found.... One behaviour is as per EC PCA active and the other is as per New GL PCA active

Anyways, thanks for sharing your knowledge on this,

br, Ajay M

former_member210736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PCA under controlling is no more required. Check if classic PCA & its tables GLPCA, GLPCT are still active.

you can manage every thing related to PCA from Fiancial Accounting