cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How CrystalReport10 identifies that the complete report is blank nd doesnt

Former Member
0 Kudos

-I have a Crystal Report 10 report which takes a parameter.

-If records are returned, I print the report and I get the pages out of the printer.

-If records are not returned, I print the blank page generated, No pages(not even blank page) comes out of the printer.

1.My question is how crystal report 10 is able to identify that the report is blank and doesn't print it, even i give the command print from Crystal Report 10?

2.Are there any help files, Where in the Crystal report functionality is described.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you had searched forum you would have seen that I answered this exact same question yesterday

Got to

File -> Options - Reporting tab

Check - Suppress printing if no records selected

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response and i do have few more questions

1.I used Craxdrt.dll in our previous versions of the software, which is used for handling Crystal report operations like printing e.t.c, Where in if the report is blank(No records returned from DB), It doesn't used to print the blank page.

2.Now, I am using Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2010 run times for handling the Crystal report 10 operations, Where in, I am getting a Blank page while printing the report, when report is blank(No records returned from DB).

I need to avoid the printing of the Blank page that is produced in the second case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry cant help you with Visual Studio code.

Ian