cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display internal table contents in user decision workitem text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we include internal table container element in workitem description of user decision then the editor condenses all spaces except one space as separator

Even if the values are in different columns, it never considers the breadth of columns wrt data types.

and also if individual field contains spaces then all multiple spaces are removed and put as single space

its very strange and it is seen in common requirement of displaying internal table contents

The email notification of same dialog workitem contains proper spaces but the SAP inbox workitem doesnt retain spaces

could you pl give any inputs for this problem. its pretty certain that many of us must have faced this issue

thank you in advance

bhakti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I ended up using dots (.) instead of spaces, in one case.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick

i too tried to use dots but i found that only in plain text the dots can be useful in my case bcoz then the font characters are all same width. But normaly in workitem it is not plain text and its Arial font so different charaters will have different widths so if i put same number of dots for separating columns, they still wont align.

thanks for valuable inputs to Pavan, Saumya and Rick.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for inputs

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bhakti,

Please go to the tab Workitem Display and use FM SWL0_PREVIEW_DEMO_HTML.

You can create HTML layout and then display the internal table data in the description.

Regards,

Saumya

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

[How effectively work item display can be used?|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/15666] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];. Check the blog.

Regards

Pavan