Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming a Web Service with WEB AS 6.40

KlausFliri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i try to consume a Webservice from the internet. I have configured the logical port and i created the client proxy as shown in the following real good weblog from

Thomas Jung.

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap

But when i try to test the proxy in SE80 I retrieve the following error:

<CODECONTEXT>http://www.sap.com/xml_errorcodes</CODECONTEXT>

<CODE>SOAP:111</CODE>

<ERRORTEXT>Unallowed RFC-XML Tag (SOAP_EINVALDOC)</ERRORTEXT>

What's wrong here? Someone can help me?

Thanks for your help!

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the cause is explained in OSS note no.919886

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/919886

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have this problem....but the SAP note does not exist.. please, could you reply this post with the correct SAP Note?

Regards

Gabriel

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

surprising, i couldnt find this note either. it was there.

Regards

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same error message for one of our Proxy Web Service calls.

We tried to use an RFC instead of the URL, and performed a TEST CONNECTION. And low and behold, we received an error message that was much more helpful than the "Unallowed RFC-XML Tag (SOAP_EINVALDOC)" message.

The problem for us was that the Server that we were trying to consume the Web service from was blocking the IP address of our Web Application Server.

We contacted the administrator, he verified that was the case, removed the restriction, and all is good now.

Here was the message we saw when we tested it in the RFC:

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list. Please try the following: Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

Hope this helps!

former_member326394
Discoverer
0 Kudos

...or wrong user/password combination simply in case of WebService Proxy (ABAP).

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have this problem when consuming my web service.

The problem occurs when my logical port points to a RFC, but it works when my logical port points to the url of the web service.

Does someone find where the problem comes from?

thanks

johann