cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound process involve picking, packing, and shipment(freight forwarder).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question with regards to outbound delivery which involves process such as picking/packing, and shipment with freight forwarder process before PGI.

Questions:

1 u2013 When creating Transfer Order, it is solely for picking purpose, and NOT for packing activity?

2 u2013 If no. 1 is correct, which means I should create the TO first for picking before create a shipment and/or perform packing, such as the following sequence order from left to right?

Outbound delivery => Create TO for picking => pack the picked goods in (VL02N/VT02N) => create Shipment VT01.

3 u2013 Does it matter the picking and packing perform first, then only create the Shipment? I am confuse when is the VT01N come into picture on above process.

Thanks.

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 u2013 When creating Transfer Order, it is solely for picking purpose, and NOT for packing activity?

Yes it is picking purpose(internal warehouse activity)

2 u2013 If no. 1 is correct, which means I should create the TO first for picking before create a shipment and/or perform packing, such as the following sequence order from left to right?

Outbound delivery => Create TO for picking => pack the picked goods in (VL02N/VT02N) => create Shipment VT01.

Right flow if LEAN WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT

Outbound delivery => Create TO for picking => pack the picked goods in (VL02N) => create Shipment VT01N.

If you are using full functionality of warehouse management then through WAVE PICK you can pick quantities on basis of shipment

Example - You included 5 deliveries in one shipment and that 5 deliveries having qty 1 each so total 5 qty in shipment so on basis of shipment you can pick all 5 too

OR

Outbound delivery => create Shipment VT01N. but this is not so good business practice

3 u2013 Does it matter the picking and packing perform first, then only create the Shipment? I am confuse when is the VT01N come into picture on above process.

Yes it matters because some time service/transport charges are calculated on basis of gross weight, if you pack then weight will increase, if don't pack weight will decrease and it leads wrong calculation in shipment cost.

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Thanks on your feedback. Truly appreciated. Anyhow, I have further question in response to your feedback.

1 u2013 Regardless of LEAN/Non-Lean WM process, I can still perform the following process as indicated by you?

Outbound delivery => Create TO for picking => pack the picked goods in (VL02N) => create Shipment VT01N.

2 u2013 In response to you last replies, what is your advice with regards to when to perform VT01N (i.e. after pick/pack, or before pick/pack)? I looks at the document flow of some of the outbound processes created previously, the shipment is something created before or even after pick/pack. Please let me know.

tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can able to create shipment before pick/pack and after pick/pack

But best practice is after pick/pack

kapil

Answers (0)