cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help reqired in the steps involved in Cut-over Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing some sub modules of SAP-HR for a customer. The sub modules implemented are Organizational Management, Personnel Administration, and Recruitment. We have completed the UAT phase successfully. We need to complete the u201CGo Liveu201D phase. I am not clear about the cut-over strategy that we should be adapting. The customer has already implemented SAP-FICO and it is already live. As far as I know, the following activities are involved:

1. Move all the Customizing settings to production

2. Move all the Workbench settings (none in our project) to production.

3. Upload all the master data and the transaction data to the production using LSMW/BDC.

Are there any other activities to be completed? I am aware that some activities like creating Users, Authorization etc. are involved, but not sure about the details. Please guide me.

Also, during SAP-HR configuration, we have created Company Codes, as it is an essential part of enterprise structure, which is set up in SAP-HR. However, Company Codes are actually set up Financial Accounting and since FICO is already live, the configuration for company codes would be already available in production. Now if I move the SAP-HR customizing settings, as it is, to production then it may be wrong, because it may overwrite the company code configuration already available in production. I am a bit confused. Please guide me.

-Shambhvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shambhvi,

The purpose of cut-over strategy is to communicate all concerned members to aware and maintain the necessary data for upload for different Phase activities. so, ensure to communicate different Cut off date for different transactions.

1. Are you using existing company code or different company code?

2. Ensure to move IMG activities in a sequential way

3.. Start uploading all master data in Quality Client and check the correctness

HCM Master data are; Leave Data, Tax Related Data, Department and Position, Execute the Payroll Cycle, Check Gross and Net Payments in Payroll results, Check PF, PT, IT, ESI, LWF, Check Bonus, Gratuity and Superannuation, Execute off cycle Run, Posting to FI, Statutory Forms and Reports

4. Based on outcome, initiate master data upload in Production client

Thanks,

Regards - Muralidhara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help