Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form development for Time recording and integration to CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends

I am new to CATS and Adobe Forms. For my customer, they want to

- have their employees( internal & external ) to feed in their effort in Adobe forms (offline)

- later the data needs to be uploaded into CATS

I would need your help to know how this could be done.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone respond back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A few questions before trying to answer the query you raised:

1. your customer wants to capture time data in adobe forms and that too offline correct?

a. does you customer have licenses for adobe forms usage? Good to ask this for starters.

b. when you capture data offline is it on a regular computer or a handheld device? there can be multiple technology questions here.

c. what version of ecc and ehp your customer is on? am assuming ecc6 and at least ehp4... coz at that level the forms and processes technology actually allows for a form to be saved locally after it is partially filled and then the user can initiate the same later on and start from where he/she left it and complete and submit it.

get some answers for the above plus also some answers on budget allocation for the requirement.

Now if wee are talking an alternate solution which is simple: configure a collective profile in cats thru img.

have your client collect time data in excel sheet in a format that matches with the above profile.

write a simple upload program with the proper conditions.

there after the sap std way of handling the process can be followed,.. i.e. with approvals,.. without approvals ... etc..

cheers