Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error on the execution of ABAP Unit test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have developed a class in XYZ system. (System name not specified, where XYZ is the development system). I wrote a ABAP unit test case for this. When I run the unit test, it worked fine.

After transporting the request to other system ABC (System name not specified, where ABC is the test system).,

I tried do execute the same unit test in ABC system. I am getting a warning message

"The class pool <MY_CLASS_NAME> contains no executable unit tests; see long text."

I saw the Local Definitions/Implementations, the abap unit test code is there in the class. But still getting this warning message.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

--

Regards,

Vinay Bedre

Edited by: Vinay Bedre on May 19, 2011 7:10 AM

3 REPLIES 3

former_member182670
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would check two things:

1. Profile parameter abap/test_generation (see [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/381540bf1af72ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/381540bf1af72ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm] )

2. Settings in transaction SAUNIT_CLIENT_SETUP - you can prohibitunit tests there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i was getting warning "The class pool <MY_CLASS_NAME> contains no executable unit tests; see long text."

I changed risk level from "Dangerous" to "Harmless".

Now i am getting message " Processed successfully: 0 programs, 0 test classes, 0 test methods ".

i am working in CPF/100 - pre development system and not a production system.

i also checked transaction "SAUNIT_CLIENT_SETUP" , unit test cases are not prohibited.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Regards,

Deeraj Kumar.

Edited by: Deeraj Kumar on Jun 15, 2011 11:46 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

it would be very helpfull, if you could publish the coding of your test class. Searching for errors without seeing the coding is quite difficult.

Did you add the "for testing" option to the definition of you test methods?

class my_test_class definition for testing. "#AU Risk_Level Harmless.

private section.

methods: my_test_method for testing .

endclass.

Regards

Dirk