Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Page Composer in CE 7.2?

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are implementing the Portal for our customer. As the customer requires a flashy screen we suggested CE 7.2. But, we noticed that Web Page Composer does not come along with CE 7.2. WPC is a very important component and it is critical for our implementation.

Kindly let me know, if WPC can be applied for CE 7.2 using patches? Also, can KM be applied to CE 7.2 using patches? What is the workaround?

Note: In the worst case scenario, we will suggest CE 7.3 but are wary of its stability.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarath,

Why not to go with 7.0 EhP 2? Ajax framework page is available from EhP 2 onwards and you can make use of it pretty effectively for enhancing user experience. Also ES Workspace is also available in EhP2. You have slew of features in this enhancement pack. If only flashy looking screen is your requirement, you can implement that anyway.

Ameya

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ameya,

We would need 7.2, as we need to develop WD java applications with latest UI rendering capabilities. As i understand 7.0 EHP 2 adds features to 7.0 portal and WD ABAP.

However, can we use EHP2 on 7.0 portal and integrate the apps developed in 7.2? It seems a bit complicated in comparison to 7.3?

Kindly provide your feedback.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sharath

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree that we can use NW 7.0 EHP 2 to use the enhanced portal features. Also, with this we do not need to worry about the avilability of Web Page Composer and KM( as they exist with 7.0).

To facilitate the WD java applications with features of flash we are exploring an instance of SAP NW 7.2. Later make these applications available in 7.0 EHP2 portal using Federated portal network.

Request all your inputs regarding this architecture.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sharath

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sharath,

You can also use Adobe Flash Island in web dynpro framework. This UI element is avaialable in 7.0 Ehp 1 onwards.

Check this link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/SAPRichIslandsforAdobe+Flash

Ameya

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The flash island support for Web Dynpro Java is available in CE 7.1/7.2 and not in 7.01/7.02.(Correct me if I am wrong)

In that scenario, 7.02(EHP2) -

Federated Portal Network-----CE 7.2 would be my recommendation.

Your inputs pelase.

Regards,

Sharath M G