Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Sort key in vendor master

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Hi,

How can i fix sort key in vendor master. My requirement is when any user create the vendor , the sort key field is fixed. like 01

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

You can make use of substitution for account type K in OBBH.

rEGARDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atif,

Can you please elaborate .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use BAPI BAPI_VENDOR_CREATE. You can use ztcode by copying the standard program for vendor creation and modify it to have the sort key and other input field as per ou requirement for the respective company codes.

Regards

Milind Sonalkar

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear :

Go to GGB1 and refer to the following link for example. Explore it.

http://techbays.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/sap-tip-how-to-use-substitutions-lakshman-tandra1.pdf

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I found the pdf very useful. But this is used at document level and not at master data level. If it is possible to use at document header level please elaborate in detail.

Regards

Milind Sonalkar

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adi,

You can do substitutions (OBBH) in three steps that for User exits:

There are 3 steps involved in setting up user exits in FI :-

-Creating the Module Pool and programming the user exit.

-Specifying the Module Pool that will hold the user exits.

-Activating" the user exit.

Following brief view :-

Creating The Module Pool :- SAP provide two programs that should be used to implement these user exits. These are RGGBS000 and RGGBR000, The relevant program should be copied to a Z version of the program, ZRGGBR000 for example.

The first thing to do is to insert code that notifies the calling programs of the availability of the user exits. This is achieved in the form GET_EXIT_TITLES.

Decide on the name for your user exit, which should start with 'U' (for a user defined user exit) and then a 3 digit unique number.

Specifying the module pool that holds the user exits :- GCX2

Activating" the User Exit.

Thanks

Nishan

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Once i implemented substitution rule for Asset master data for KOSTL so i thought that substitution will be available for vendor and customer master data as well but unfortunately it is not. So sincere apologies. A possibility here can be to use user exit EXIT_SAPMF02K_001. Take help of your ABAPER to implement it.

Regards

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

User exit is the best approach.

Thanks

Nishan

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aadi,

What do you mean sort key fixed ? you mean if any one create new vendor master he cannot change sort key or you want to fix it for created vendor master ? please elaborate your req.

Thanks

Nishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisshan,

Thanx for your rply. i want to fix it at the time of vendor master creation