Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a standard report in loop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein we need to develop a Z report, ZREPORT1 for mass deletion of product.

There is a standard report REPORT2 to delete a single product.

The standard report has WRITE statement to display deletion status.

I am calling REPORT2 in a loop from ZREPORT1. Everytime in REPORT2 when WRITE statement is executed, messages got displayed, and I need to press F3 to return the control to report execution.

To call the REPORT2 I have used below code:

SUBMIT REPORT2

WITH param1 EQ...

AND RETURN.

For mass deletion, where there are thusands products need to be deleted, I cannot press F3 thousand times.

Please guide.

Thanks,

Keya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use 'exporting list to memory' addition with submit statement. This way, the list output will not be displayed. If needed, you can read the list from memory in your Z program and generate custom output at the end of execution.

Regards,

Shyam.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't want to view the status , execute the report in background .

Regards,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use 'exporting list to memory' addition with submit statement. This way, the list output will not be displayed. If needed, you can read the list from memory in your Z program and generate custom output at the end of execution.

Regards,

Shyam.