cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user status profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PM Guru's,

in my business scenario i have small queries regard the authorizations and status ? In generally Breakdown Notification raised by User or Production dept. Starting its in Outstanding Notification, after that maintenance dept change its status as Notification in-process and if we give the change mode authorization means , is there a chance to close the notification and chance to change the timings and description how we can overcome this one. As per my knowledge i check the one check box in customization no text change in overview of notification format text type but i have doubt on timings and statuses? i heard about user status in which cases we use that one ? whats its importance? how we can assign this one to transactions? Here client wants who raise that notification that person or dept has to close the notification. at the same time Maintenance dept asks to enter the details like object part, damage, cause and activities relevant to that equipment or notification. how i can over come all these problems?

please help me and lift me from these problems.

thanks & regards

Prajal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Maheswaran,

thanks a lot for your valuable reply. but from this entry or confirmation can i get the root cause analysis report. why means, user wants report regard the problem, whats the reason , who is the responsible to control that problem all these are comes in to rootcause analysis. so how i can get this statement ?

thanks

Prajal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned, those details will be updated in the concerned notification. If the details are in notification, then of course you will get root cause analysis report.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Maheswaran,

thanks to your reply. but how the object part , damage, cause and activities updated in notification . and one more thing user asks why why analysis report how i can get this one ? in cofirmation we can enter only time , but how its updated in notification? please guide me.

thanks

prajal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IW42 & input your order number.

Under Time confirmation block, you can find Iten block & Causes block.

In Items block, you can define the Object Parts exactly where the damage happened. In same block, you can define the damages as well.

In causes block, you can define the causes (actual based on analysis by Maintenance people).

To view the Items & Causes in IW42, set the IMG customization.

Under Maintenance & Service Processing => Completion Confirmation => Set Templates for Completion confirmation

Select the Items, Causes in screen areas.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Regarding User Status:

Apart from SAP System Statuses, if you want to capture any other statuses for the document, User statuses can be used. These user statuses can be controlled by Authorisation Keys which is assigned in User Statuses as well as User Master data. These user statuses can be controlled by using Business Transactions. By double clicking on User Statuses, you can find different transactions which can control the user statuses.

2. Regarding Catalog Profile (Object Part, Damage, etc.,)

And according to Object Part, this will be used to mention the problem in accurate manner. For example, in Motor there are different sub parts like Rotors, Casing, etc., We are not going to create all these as Equipments. So Object Parts will be created for these parts. While creating Notification, responsible person will assign the Object Part in the notification. In case, he knows about damage & cause of that damage, he can mention in that.

While doing confirmation (IW42), Maintenance People can update the damages & causes exactly. That will be updated in corresponding notitfication automatically.

So its not required to give authorisation to Maintenance people for Notification. Also Notification release can be done by Production Manager or Supervisor just to release or approve the notification.

Give the Display authorisation only to Maintenance People, so that they cant change any details. Only the Production people can do that.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User status - user defined statuses

IMG >> PM/CS >> Maintenance and service processing >> maintenance and service notification >> Notification processing >> user status for notification

Here you can define& assign

then create authorization key and same can be assigned to statuses

System status - this status are assigned by system according to business transaction

For how to give authorization go to PFCG and see std role for notification SAP_CA_NO_NOTIF_GENERAL

Then see which t-codes are maintained in MENU tab

then got AUTHORIZATION tan and click on disply authorization data, see PM module

then in user tab users can be assigned

kapil