cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics BDC / LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PM Experts,

In general for creating Measuring point / counter we required Characteristics. i have to create around 100characteristics for this i am trying to create LSMW / BDC. when i recording characteristics after entering the characteristic name and valid from all fields are went to gray out mode. I am unable to create BDC / LSMW . please help me. how i can create the characteristics? is it possible in BDC / LSMW? if possible means what is the method if its not possible means how i can do this one please help me. in my previous project i created manually only. i never try to create by LSMW if its wrong concept please excuse me.

thanks & regards

jalu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my previous project I had created around 500 characteristics, and that I achieved through LSMW

Just here you need do proper recording.

At initial screen of CT04 valid from date is editable mode and you can mention here itself once you go inside then system will make it display mode, if you not mentioned date then it will take current date

kapil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Maheswaran,

I am tried as per your instruction, but same problem came, when i click on Create , all the fields grayed out. even i am not get the next screen also, in same screen all the fields are grayed. please help me.

thanks

Prajal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should give some error or some message. Please let us know the message with message number & detailed description.

Are you using any special characters in the name?

Regards,

Maheswaran.

shailendradupadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In LSMW recording I think its standard behavior , at the time of recording you will get all screen as non editable , so you may try like this i dont know will it work for you or not as try to crete characterstic for CT04 first here enter only name and valid date and without saving come back , then run recording metod , so this time you will get a message want to create chaterstic , press yes and do recoring

or other wise go for standard input method.

Shail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Shail told, Characteristics name & valid from date are not editable in Recording. Even though you try the first method which is told by Shail, in Recording, Characteristics name & date will not be captured, I guess.

So I guess, you have to go with BDC technique with the help of ABAPers.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Kapil,

please help me and suggest me whats the procedure for recording or LSMW for characteristics. please help me.

i am not getting what you said.

thanks

Prajal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Recording, Once you enter the Characteristics name & valid from date, click create button. If you press enter, it will not know whether you are creating newly or changing existing one.

I guess, this could be the problem. Please check.

Regards,

Maheswaran.