cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking in of Originals / sanity check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have just installed a content server / MaxDB, created a content repository (ZTEST - Doc Area DMS) in OAC0, and set it up in CSADMIN (green light, shows server stats etc).

I then created a category in OACT (ZTESTCAT, doc type DMS, cont rep ZTEST).

I created doc type ZST in DC10 (copy of TST with flag "Use KPro" set).

My understanding is that I don't need to define a data carrier in DC20 in this case (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Now, I create a document in CV0N1 and attach a .jpg file (Application SIM). When I check it in, a popup lets me select the storage category (I select ZTESTCAT). The lock symbol goes from open to locked, I save the document. No errors anywhere.

Is the attached file at this point supposed to move to the content server ?

When I pull up the document in CV04N and click on the file, it tries to open it from C:\Documents and Settings\bla bla bla. and fails.

What am I missing here ?

Thanks,

Pete

Edited by: Peter Scholz on May 19, 2011 4:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Reason is that unfortunatly the file "SAPHTTP.EXE " is corrupt in SAP GUI patch level 13 and therefore this error message is raised.

The solution is to download the lastest available binary files for sapftp.exe and saphttp.exe as explained in the following SAP notes.

Note Description

93042 Problems with SAPFTP

164203 Problems with SAPHTTP

Please copy the files in the sapgui folder of your client to avoid this bug in your system.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

refer http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Error26172withSAPGUI710+patch13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

thanks for the suggestions. Turns out type "SIM" allows to check in .jpg files, but the suffix is not maintained in DC30, so the file copied back from the Content Server can't be opened.

I maintained the suffix and was able to pull up the files.

Thx,

Pete

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Its imperative that you define a data carrier in your case to resolve the error.Please search the forum for configuration details.

Everytime you display an original file, the system creates a local copy of this file on your PC.The data carrier,if defined, indicates where the original is stored when it is displayed.This is true for only a copy of the original while the "actual" original is still stored in the secure storage area.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar