cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of auto reservation being created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team

Please help me to remove all reservation creation for production orders created for open sales order items.

The materials (stock) unnecessarily reserved against the production orders and here we issue material depending on actual consumption, so no need to reserve material for the orders.

I have a doubt, if I exclude/remove the tick mark include reservation from the checking rule in OPJJ, will it resolve the isssue?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed the reservation creation through order type

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The materials (stock) unnecessarily reserved against the production orders and here we issue material
depending on actual consumption, so no need to reserve material for the orders.

I have a doubt, if I exclude/remove the tick mark include reservation from the checking rule in OPJJ,
will it resolve the isssue?

You can not restrict the creation of the order reservation.

But yes removal of include reservation in OPJJ will certainely helps in this case.

You can have one more option in this case, that is in order type dependent parameters opl8/cor4. select 1(never)/2 from release for reservation relavence.

Regards,

Dhava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhava

Thanks for your reply & help

Can you please clarify some doubts before I follow your solution?

1) Should I configure both OPJJ and OPL8, or just one of them?

2) If I configure OPL8 (as NEVER), is it expected that no reservation create after that?

3) As you mentioned u201CYou cannot restrict the creation of the order reservationu201D in your reply, then what will happened after configure either OPJJ or OPL8 or both?

Your help really appreciated.

Regards

Partha

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In OPL8 when you select 1= Never under Purchase requistion for reservations/PR

It wont create reservation against Production order that will resolve your issue.

Check and revert

Regards

Anupam Sharma

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Should I configure both OPJJ and OPL8, or just one of them?

Not necessary. Both are optional solution

2) If I configure OPL8 (as NEVER), is it expected that no reservation create after that?

3) As you mentioned u201CYou cannot restrict the creation of the order reservationu201D in your reply, then what will 
happened after configure either OPJJ or OPL8 or both?

Again as i said earlier you can not restrict the creation of order reservsation. But here in this case it works differemty. For instance if you set from release for reservation relavence in opl8 then

Reservation will created at the time of order creation but you can not find it in md04. means it will not influence mrp and atp check.

Once you release the order, reservation reflects in md04.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval

Really appreciate you prompt reply with explanation.

Here our orders are auto released during creation (to handle thousand of orders /day).

So if I am not wrong, we can only bypass the ATP check but not the reservation creation (either way OPJJ or OPL8).

It seems resolve my problem as long it is bypass the ATP check and can promise sales orders.

(Note: we have same steel bars to consume internally to produce structure as well we sell it directly)

By the way there is one reply from Anupam Sharma, which is conflict with your explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam

Your statement is conflicting with Dhaval, as he said u201Cyou cannot restrict the creation of order reservationu201D by this setting but can bypass the demand from ATP & MRP.

Please review again, it is really a solusion for me if as you mentioned u201CIt wont create reservation against Production orderu201D

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way to confirm is try the settings in test client. System will create reservation (check in assingment tab) even though you have set 1- never for reservation in opl8 but it will not refelct in md04.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval

Yes you are right; I will test it in test client first.

So can I sayu201D we can only bypass the ATP check but not the reservation creation (either way OPJJ or OPL8).

(It seems resolve my problem as long it is bypass the ATP check and can promise sales orders)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you remove include reervation tick from OPJJ, your material requirement get wrong because it not consider any reservation,

but if you want same the u can remove & check stock req list.

But if you want to remove only sales assignment for reservations created by production orders generated against a sales order theen go to all BOM components material master data & change individula / Collective indicator here,

plz take value collective & then run mrp for all new prod order no reservation comes with sales assign for existing order go to order changes & then component list & take blank value in special stock field for all componet .

hope this will solve ur problem ................Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Thanks for your reply, but still my problem not solved.

We are not running MRP here as we take input from SCM. For your info we have on average 4000 production order per day, so changing orders is out of question.

As we do not want any reservation/material requirement from SAP ERP (As SCM in place), we just want to remove auto reservation creation for all production orders (does not matter Sales order account assigned or not)