cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver Determinator CUP (Controller) Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I had a few questions when trying to use the (Controller) as Approver Determinator for our SPM work flow.

Everything is working perfectly fine using a CAD as the approver. But when I switch it over to the (Controller) I'm having some issues.

Questions:

1) Where would you configure the Controller's email address for approval notification? Guessing the SU01 record? This is different from other approvers who are configured within the UME

2) Won't the (Controller) need a CUP UME role to enter through the approval link sent out via email? Currently we only have controller in the backend ECC systems and view access to SPM reports through a UME view FF role.

3) Do we need to run a background job to send emails for the controller in the ABAP system or just the standard one in CUP?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

Just to be sure, what do you mean when you say controllers?

regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are "controllers" in SPM that you add to an FF_ID which then monitors logs. There is also a "controller" within the approver determinator drop down in a stage. I was wondering if these are the same. So if you use "controller" as your approver determinator for a certain FF ID in CUP will send for approval to the person define against the ID in the FF table.