cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we are on BO XI 3.1 sp3 fp3.3 and SAP Ik sp3 fp3.3.

I am using import wizard from client tools to import my objects from dev to qa, i have provided source info, destination info and after selecting the required objects for importing and in the final screen i clicked on Finish,the wizard disappears, its not importing anything.I am using import wizard tool from client tools,my account has administrator privileges.

can we use import wizard from client tools or we need to login into actual server and use import wizard from there.

please let me know if i am missing anything, since it dosent show any error screen also.

Thanks..

Edited by: kris1217 on May 19, 2011 5:38 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me how you resolved this. This is happening to me as well. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa,

The issue was with my remote desktop, but when I tried importing from my computer using import wizard since i have client tools installed on my system also, it imported successfully.Looks like the issue was with my remote system.

Pleased look into this SAP Notes 1447518 - Import Wizard does not import any of the objects other than Folders, this may be helpfull for you.

Here is the description:

Symptom

Unable to import any objects other than Folders using the source as a BIAR file or as another BusinessObjects Enterprise server.

Reproducing the Issue

Open the Import Wizard.

Select the source as another system or a BIAR file.

Specify the destination server settings.

Select the Objects that are required to be imported to the destination.

Click Finish to complete the import.

Analyze the finish screen and log to see that only the folders are imported without any other objects.

Cause

After adding a new License key or changing an expired or a trial License key with a new Trial or Permanent key, the enterprise services are not enabled automatically.

Resolution

Open the Central Configuration Manager (CCM).

Click on 'Manage Servers'.

Login using the Enterprise Administrator account.

Select all the services in the list.

Click on 'Enable'.

Close the CCM and run the Import Wizard again to import the Enterprise objects as required.

Thanks,

Krish