cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain - Two source system issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I face problem when i transport a process chain from BW DEV to Quality.

I have two source systems in Quality ECI and EXS.EXS is a sandbox server(Source system) which we no longer use.

When i transport the process chain from DEV to QA, i get two DTP's automatically added to Process chain in quality for two source systems ECI and EXS whereas i do not want the data to be loaded from EXS client.

I checked the BW dev system, it has only one DTP in the process chain.

Now I want to elminate the other DTP in the process chain in quality.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had a similar problem what i have done is i have gone to the edit mode of the process chain and deleted the steps which were not necessary(extra client DTP) and then save and activate

and if the process chain cannot run if has has two clients i mean it wil fail so as far as my understanding goes identifying the wrong client and delete the extra steps which were created during transport .

Regards

RaviKiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You would have to check this with Basis. We had a similar landscape earlier...multiple source sys attached to BW Quality sys.

Basis used to import a transport request with source sys dependant obj twice, one with respect to one source sys and once with respect to the other source sys.

Also you need to check entries in the following transaction.......

Admin workbench --> Tools menu --> Conversion of logical system names.

I guess you could remove entries which map your ECC Dev system to ECC EXS system. Please check with basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Dont think so a DTP for EXS system has got created automatically when you transport the PC to QA (which actually doesn't exist in DEV).

Please check you DEV system once again, there might a DTP from EXS system also.. other wise go the Release TR and then check the contents-->iif you find two DTP's there then it is there in the dev system..

Any ways if you want to delete the other DTP from the PC in QA.. you can Delete it directly from the PC itself.. Goto change mode of the PC and then select the DTP which you want to delete-->then right click and hten Click on Remove Process -->then activate the PC..

Note: You might have authorization to edit the PC in QA then only you will be able to do the changes..