Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate XML in 4.6b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys!

I Need your Help!

In a system 4.6c I Generate a XML with Class CL_XML_DOCUMENT, but now i'm tryin to use the same Class in a system 4.6b but the class does't exist.

Any of you know how to generate the XML in this version (4.6b) ??

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

someone???

0 Kudos

Hi,

try to find some info about this:

CALL FUNCTION 'SDIXML_DATA_TO_DOM'
 CALL FUNCTION 'SDIXML_DOM_TO_XML'

of just hard code

<xml>

Regads

Former Member
0 Kudos

These functions do not exist either. I'll have to use hard code.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if CL_IXML is available in 4.6b(i do not have access to a 4.6b system, it is available in 4.6c), go to se24 and check if this class exists, if yes then you could use this.

Else, the only other option that i can think of is to map your data to an IDOC(Z or standard) and then use the class "CL_IDOC_XML1".

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

Thanks Chen but As I said the class does not exist, and check the class that you referred to the Idoc and does not exist in 4.6b. I hate 4.6b

0 Kudos

Hi,

Irony-I feel kind of odd not having access to a 4.6b, to check myself before suggesting things that might not even exist...anyways here's my last attempt at thinking of a solution for your issue...go to WE21 and under ports check if you have port type "XML File", if yes configure a port and use this in a partner profile to which you can map an outbound IDOC(i am not sure of your current integration scenario), if this doesn't exist in 4.6B, then i guess you will have to go with hard coding the tags in your program.

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

thank you very much, this option is available I'll check with this