Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Party Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My scenario: SAP ECC -> SAP PI -> Web Service -> B2B Gateway

In SAP ECC we 20 the partner is created as V02 (same as B2B trading partner name) of type "SP". When the IDOC reaches PI it fails showing the error in moni as "Party and Service not defined".

I have read this blog /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party and configured party and business service for the receiver and business service for ECC sender. But reprocessing the IDOC from we19 in ECC the message again fails in moni with the same error.

In the party configuration, I gave the following values:

Agency: SAP

Scheme: ALE#SP

Name: V02

I am doubting that my agency value is not right. Can it be any arbitrary value or should be related to ECC system/client name. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can it be any arbitrary value or should be related to ECC system/client name.

I normally use the Business Service Name which is created under the Party (not mandatory to use Business Service Name)

Name: V02

Name should be the 10 digit number created when you define the partner in SAP ECC....ask your ECC counterpart to tell you the 10 digit business partner number....if it is not 10 digit then add 0s to it....if 1234 then use 0000001234

Former Member
0 Kudos

in your idoc check EDI_DC40/SNDPRN that should be your number in the XI/PI party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To give further information

Scenario: SAP ECC-> SAP PI -> Web Service -> B2B Gateway -> Trading Partner V02

The IDOC control record looks like this

<EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="1">

<SNDPOR>SAPVDO</SNDPOR>

<SNDPRT>SP</SNDPRT>

<SNDPRN>MTD</SNDPRN>

<RCVPOR>A000000003</RCVPOR>

<RCVPRT>SP</RCVPRT>

<RCVPRN>V02</RCVPRN>

</EDI_DC40>

Now I have configured a party named TP_V02. Created a business component called TP_V02_B2B in it. Then in the party configuration added the Agency=TP_V02_B2B, Scheme=ALE#SP and Name=V02. This is for receiver system.

For sender I created a business component without party and called it SAPVDO and added adapter specific identifiers where logical system I have given as SAPVDO.

I am still getting the error in moni as Party and Service not defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the partner profiles configured correctly on the WE20 transaction?