cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downtime Management Notification Users in Satellite Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm starting to set up Solution Manager Downtime Management. It's kind of cumbersome but I realize it is new functionality and will get better over time. I'm trying to set up the notification users but when I select "Notification Settings" of a system then "Add Internal Recipients" then "from System Users" it only pulls in users in client 000 of the satellite system. Obviously we don't have our users in 000 so how do I make DT Management look in client 100 for the list of users? I know I can add business partners but don't want that right now. I've already looked through the setup guide in [original link is broken] and notes 1129385 "Downtime Management with SAP Solution Manager: FAQ" & 1129052 "Downtime Management with SAP Solution Manager: a brief guide" so don't need links to those. Any help is appreciated, thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Did you look in to the READ RFC Destination that is pointng towrds the satellite system? Basically the data is read using the RFC Destination. I think, this is something to do with the client maintained in the RFC Destination from SM to SatelliteSystem.

Thanks

PrakashP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is your solutionn manager version?

as per the note 1129385, from SP17, downtime management sends notication to all the system users.

again review here [Notifying Users About Scheduled Downtime |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/6b/575f97df0b47808ead4c1f5e2df172/frameset.htm]

regarding client, SOST(Email,sms) settings also client specific.

Have you configured Email settings on client 100 too? if not ... please configure and try.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I am on ST 24.

Yes, I understand that DT Mgt sends notifications to users of the sytem that will be shut down, that is what I am trying to do.

E-mail is working fine in all clients.

The problem is only that when I am in "Downtime Management" and I select a system then the "Notification Settings" button, then "Add Internal Recipient" then "from System Users" it then brings up a pop-up from which I can select users. However, it only shows the users from client 000 in thhe satellite system and doesnu2019t present the users from our working client 100. Thanks,

David

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello.

Have you reviewed SAP Notes 455142 and 455140?

Are the users properly maintained in SU01 (have a valid email address maintained?)

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

Paul, SAPConnect is working and users have e-mail addresses. The problem is the Downtime Management Notifications setting points to client 000 on the satellite system and doesnu2019t see the users.

Prakash, Thatu2019s what I thought it was too. In SMSY I have connections to two clients 000 & 100 for the satellite system. I changed the monitoring client from 000 to 100 in the u201CRFC Destination for Data Collectionu201D and u201CRFC Destination for Analysisu201D in SMSY to the ones pointing to 100 but it still doesnu2019t work.

I think itu2019s a bug unless there is somewhere to configure what client DT Mgt uses. Any other thoughts, does it work for you? Thanks again,

David