cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Take Over values for Invest. Support: Depreciation Area 51 grayed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to load take over values for the current year for depreciation area 01[Book]& 51[Inv. Support]. For book depreciation[01] its fine, we are using Transaction tab and by entering asset value date and transaction type: 100, we were able to maintain cum. acquition value from 01.04.2011 to 31.05.2011.

But for investment support depreciation area 51, cum.invst. grant for the current year been grayed out, how to input take over values for the current year which is cum. Inv. Grant using AS91?

Assumption:

->Fiscal Year Variant: Apr-Mar [V3]

->Asset Transfer Date: 31.05.2011

->Go live is 01.June.2011

FYI, For prior year take over values for Investment Support using AS91, we were able to maintain 1. cum.invst.grant, 2.Accm Ord. Dep. and 3. Ord. dep. posted, not sure if this is the right way of doing for investment support asset take over.

SAPSri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPSri,

Please check transaction OABC and uncheck identical transfer of acquisition values and this will allow you to pur the values in take over values.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murlidhar,

Thanks for the quick response, I checked OABC settings, currently for both 01 and 51 depreciation areas, it was unchecked and grayed out. I cannot even check back also.

Current settings

Area | Desc | ValAd | Ident. |

-

01 | Book | 00 | unchecked |

51 | Invst.| 00 | unchecked |

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I have checked this in system and this is the place which controls this and may be you can check once again the setting in OABC and please make sure that you are checking for correct chart of depreciation, sometime it is so happens that you check for incorrect COD and then end up with incorrect analysis. You can change Chart of Depreciation in OAPL.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!!!

Murlidhar Khatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murlidhar,

I have change Chart of Depreciation in OAPL, double checked the OABC settings in system, still same. Another thing I realized in "Define How Depreciation Areas Post to General Ledger", for depreciation 51, I have changed the Acquistion Value to "Only Negative Values or Zero Allowed", and it works in AS91 where fields are editable now for Dep 51. Not sure if my settings are correct

Dep Area 51

-

Real Depreciation Area : "Y"

Posting in G/L : 02

Value Maintenance

Acquisition Value : Only Negative Values or Zeros Allowed

Net Book Value : All Values allowed

Investment Grants : Only Negative Values or Zeros Allowed

Revaluation : No Values Allowed

Ord. Depreciation : Only Negative Values or Zeros Allowed

Special Depn : No Values Allowed

Unplanned Depn : Only Negative Values or Zeros Allowed

Transfer of Reserves : No Values Allowed

Interest : No Values Allowed

Revaluation ord dep. : No Values Allowed

Main question now here is posting in G/L, what would be the right settings for Investment Support dep. area 51 where I need to post amortization. System will not allow "Posting in GL" as 1 for both 01 and 51. It only allows one which is 01 book dep.. So I have kept 02 for 51. Do you have any input

Regards,

Sri

Answers (0)