cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value category wise budget and actuals display in S_ALR_87013558 report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PS consultants,

There is a requirement in my project, where the business users want to see the report on hard budgeted cost element group , soft budgeted cost element group and total in different rows. In my project, there is one value category which has been made exempt from availabilty control(for repairable spares) and there are others which are under availability control. Also, the business wants to see all the columns as per S_ALR_87013558 report in the new report per the 2 categories of cost element group and total (but the budgeting here is done as per the WBS level, so how to satisfy this need also). The S_ALR_87013558 report gives the various value categories, but only assigned values against it(as budget is not against cost element). Also, in this report , it is not possibel to exclude one value category to see only the hard budgeted cost element group.

Please help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to CJE6 & go to 12KST1A, then double double click on column header, there you can get Val.category as selection parameter & you can set sequires range over there.

Please set the Val.category as per your requirements check.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,

SL

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

What do you mean by hard and soft budget elements, clarify me with that and then try using report painter.

0 Kudos

Try using report painter

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(as budget is not against cost element).

Yes, you are right. Budget is not against cost element. so it is not possible to compare budget cost element wise / value category wise.

As a work around... If you use cost element planning for cost planning and convert 100% plan cost into budget then may be comparing plan cost against actual cost / assigned value will give some idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam. But since budget is not against cost element, it is not feasible.

Thanks Abdul. I will try the workaround. But there is one more requirement in the same, can i exclude one value category from the report(to get only the hard budgeted value categories in the report)? As the business wants to see the report with hard budgeted and soft budgeted cost elements as separate.

please help.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can remove val. cat. from report as I have explaned on my note by givingonly the required val. cat. threre.

Regards,

SlL

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is possible to avoid cost elements from value categories by creating a value category and include those cost elements to be not included and check the suppress check box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam.

But my requirement is to exclude one particular value category, as it is not possible to include all the value categories in the report as there are large number of value categories. Is there any way to exclude one value category?

Thanks Abdul.

But if I suppress the value category , then it will be suppressed from the central level in PS and hence, it will not be included in any calculations in any of the standard report. Is there any way to suppress one value category from only one report, without affecting other reports?

Please help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put a range of val. cat.

Regards,

SL

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T

> But if I suppress the value category , then it will be suppressed from the central level in PS and hence, it will not be included in any calculations in any of the standard report. Is there any way to suppress one value category from only one report, without affecting other reports?

Yes, you are right. But I doubt your requirement is possible in standard report. May be you can think of some Z reports in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

Can you please tell me how to go ahead with the workaround you suggested:-

"As a work around... If you use cost element planning for cost planning and convert 100% plan cost into budget then may be comparing plan cost against actual cost / assigned value will give some idea."

Please help.

Regards

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> "As a work around... If you use cost element planning for cost planning and convert 100% plan cost into budget then may be comparing plan cost against actual cost / assigned value will give some idea."

What is your current cost planning method.

I suggest use cost planning by cost element (CJR2). Now when you check the standard report you could see the plan value on different value category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Here we are planning costs from the PM orders via the activity type . The cost elements are not used for planning costs here currently. What is the workaround available?

Please help

Regards

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok then use network cost planning. In network cost planning also you get planned cost on different cost elements, like material cost will be on the statistical cost element of valuation GL, and labour cost comes from activity type. service cost from service activity / external services on a different cost element etc.